• Support the Chairperson of the Executive Management Team regarding the organisation of Board and other high level Meetings including Annual General Meetings.
• Will have overall responsibility for formal compliance with relevant legislations and regulations governing BA ISAGO.
• Will service as the liaison between the Board of Directors, Executive Management Committee and its key stakeholders, ensuring that all matters are managed.
Qualifications and Experience
At least a Degree in Law (LLB) from a recognized institution or any other equivalent qualification on secretarial services. Masters Degree qualification will be an added advantage.
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience in Board Secretarial functions.
• Exposure to similar functions in tertiary institutions would be an added advantage.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Take minutes of Board Meetings, AGM and other sub-committee meetings at the request of the Chairperson.
• Provide a service to Board of Directors in connection to their role.
• Compile and manage relevant organisational files.
• Compile and update Board and Executive Management Committee documentation for Board Members.
• Manage and review the correspondence between the Board and other parties including internal coordination.
• Inform Board and Executive Management Committee of any changes in legislation, as necessary.
• Provide legal assistance (drafting of contracts, review of contracts, terms and conditions) as required by the Board and Executive Management Committee.
• Knowledge of Education and Training sector policy, strategy, legislation, regulation etc.
• Excellent knowledge of Board Secretarial rules, regulations, principles, practices and techniques.
• Knowledge of corporate governance and compliance.
• Computer literacy including experience with systems and applications in the specific work area.
• Creativity, innovation, flexibility and analytical thinking abilities.
• Results oriented and performance driven.
• Ability to communicate.
• Service oriented and client focus.
Closing date and application instructions
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted after the closing date.
All correspondence to be forwarded to the
The Director, Human Resources Department
Private Bag 149, Suite # 268, Kgale View Postnet, Gaborone
Tel +267 3957744 or email@example.com