The following job opportunity has arisen within I-TECH Botswana
Vacancy: LOGISTICS OFFICER
The Logistics Officer serves to coordinate the implementation of efficient and effective operational logistics services to enable I-TECH Botswana to deliver quality programs to its partners and stakeholders,including but not limited to coordination of vehicle management and allocation of resources to program teams.
– Arrange all aspects of travel for I-TECH staff,consultants and visitors.
– Flight,vehicles and accomodation bookings,airport transfers per diem.
– Coordinate applications for visas as and when needed.
– Develop,monitor and communicate trip plans for the country office on regular basis.
– Ensure travel forms have been completed properly with all the necessary approvals.
– Provide periodic safety and security travel update to I-TECH staff, consultants and visitors.
Motor Vehicle Fleet Management
– Facilitate orientation and refresher sessions on the use of I-TECH vehicles for staff and consultants and ensure use of I-TECH vehicles is in line with policy.
– Provide guidance on maintenance and deployment of vehicles for field trips and in town services.
– Plan and coordinate annual refresher first aid trainings for I-TECH drivers.
– Oversee procurement of furniture, fixtures, IT equipment and office supplies for the I-TECH office and serve as point person regarding maintenance of above items.
– Work with the Program Procurement Assistant(PPA) to identify and evaluate vendors.
– Evaluate the performance and quality of service providers.
Logical and Administrative Support
– Monitor the assignment of office keys, access cards/keys, cellphones and other office equipment.
– Oversee the general upkeep of store rooms and monitoring stock levels.
– Work with the Operation Manager to ensure the management of facility services contracts(electricity, water and phones
Required Qualifications ,Skills and Attributes
– Bachelor’s Dergree in Logistics Management or equivalent.
– Minimum of 3 years experience in a similar position.
– Previous experience supervising staff and proven ability to work as part of a team.
– Strong organizational and time management skills.
– Excellent communication,problem solving and interpersonal skills.
– Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet Explorer and email applications.
– Proven ability to take initiative in meeting program needs
Job Application Procedure
If you have the required training, expertise, experience and would like to work for I-TECH in this vital work ,we encourage you to apply.
To apply please send the cover letter, scanned certified certificates copies and CV; including a list of names of four referees (with up to date email and telephone contact detail via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date : 26 MAY 2017
Source: Mmegi,12 May 2017