Majwe Mining requires the services of knowledgeable, highly skilled and self-driven individuals’ for the following position:
Reporting to the Project Director, the successful incumbent will provide heavy mobile equipment maintenance for the project to ensure sufficient heavy mobile equipment resources are available to meet production requirements at budgeted costs. The successful candidate will direct and control the maintenance operation of the Cut 8 Project in accordance with Majwe Mine Contract, required legislative framework and appropriate industry best practices.
- Ensure that the entire maintenance activities are conducted safely in order to comply with Botswana Legislation, Debswana and Majwe safety requirements.
- Achieve and maintain high Safety, Health and Environment standards
- Actively manage maintenance operations relationships with OEMs and Sub-Contractors to optimize performance, reliability and cost.
- Responsible for his/her team’s effectiveness and responsible for all performance management requirements for his/ her subordinates and ensure that an appropriate structure is in place.
- Timely reporting on maintenance activities and fleet performance on agreed KPI’s with appropriate commentary on variations.
- Ensure adherence to policies, standards and procedures in all areas of operations.
- Ensure a quality maintenance planning scheduling and history recording system is in place and being utilized.
- Recommend relevant benchmarks and identify the best practice leading to these and the improvement activities required to achieve and exceed them.
- Diploma/ Degree Qualifications in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- A minimum of 15 years’ experience in the mining industry, 7 of which should have been served at managerial level.
- Experience in maintenance of Heavy mobile equipment is mandatory for the position.
Key effectiveness areas
- Strong hands on experience in a fast paced contract-mining environment.
- Experienced in developing, leading and mentoring teams.
- Good track record in managing teams and client relationships.
- An effective leader with good interpersonal skills at all levels, and an ability to resolve conflict.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
- A results-oriented individual who is committed to achieving targets.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure.
Closing date and application instructions
Please respond by sending your applications (Clearly indicating the position applied for on email subject area or envelope), certified certificates and CV’s to:
Human Resources Manager
Majwe Mining Joint Venture
Private Bag 0012
Closing Date: 3rd March 2017
NB* Correspondence will be limited to short listed candidates only