Kendrick Recruitment are currently recruiting for a Lodge Management team (two managers) for a luxury safari lodge in Chobe National Park, Northern Botswana. This is an excellent opportunity for mature and stable couples to take on the role of operating and managing a remote lodge in the Northern Botswana wilderness.
Fundamental to this role is an acute understanding and knowledge of operating a luxury safari lodge in a holistic manner.
The successful couple will need to possess exceptional hosting skills as the interaction and well-being of our international clientele is of vital importance to this position.
Qualities that will be sought to ensure our clientele receive the maximum comfort and enjoyment of their safari experience include: maturity, patience, highly presentable and exceptional efficiency.
The successful candidates must also prove combined skills, experience and qualifications in remote luxury lodge management and operations including:
- First aid
- Field guiding
- Environmental management
- General maintenance
- Rifle handling
- Lodge administration
- Off-road driving
- International client liaison
- Computer literacy
- Food & Beverage (both kitchen & service)
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications & experience:
- Guiding or Hospitality or Food and Beverage Management qualification
- A minimum of 6 years’ previous Operational experience at Management Level is essential
- Proven management experience in a 5 star environment is essential
- International experience will be advantageous
- Proven record in overseeing all budgetary aspects and ensuring that the budget is not exceeded at any time.
- Knowledge of preparing and submitting, on a monthly basis, a report detailing forecast vs. actual results vs. budget per outlet and reasons for any variances to budget/forecast.
- Proven troubleshooting and problem solving ability
- Proven experience in coordinating, managing & motivating a highly diverse compliment of staff
- The ability to maximize staff performance through training & coaching
- Flexibility and ability to work long hours & shifts
- The ability to work in a highly pressurized work environment
- Exceptional written & spoken English skills
Salary Package : P26 000 to P36 000 per couple with 50% medical aid contribution & depending of point of hire flights. International 1 per annum Local / SA 3 per annum.
Should you feel you are the perfect all-rounders our client is searching for, please apply with your updated CV’s (full), references and a recent head & shoulders photo’s ASAP!
Please note: Due to high volumes of applications received, should you not receive correspondence from us within seven (7) working days of submitting your application, please consider your application for this position as unsuccessful. You are welcome to apply for any other positions that we may advertise in the future.