VACANCY: MANAGER – HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT AND ADMINISTRATION-E2 X 1 POST
Applicants are invited from highly motivated and well experienced self-driven citizens of Botswana for the position of Manager – Human Resource Management and Administration, in the Ministry of Basic Education on a contract of 24 months.
SALARY SCALE: E2 (P334, 944 – P348, 468 per annum)
VACANCY CIRCULAR NO.1 OF 201
LEAVE: 30 Working days per Annum
i. Employment is on contract terms. Upon satisfactory completion of the contract, you will be paid gratuity at the rate of 25% of the total amount of the salary earned for the duration of the contract.
ii. Optional Medical Aid Scheme with the Botswana Public Officers Medical Aid Scheme (BPOMAS – Government pays 50% and employee pays 50%)
Bachelor’s Degree in Public Administration, Human Resources Management, Business Administration or equivalent.
A minimum of twelve (12) years relevant work experience, two (2) of which should have been served as Deputy Manager involved in both Human Resources Management and Administration at D1 salary grade in Botswana Government or equivalent position and duties in the Private Sector and Parastatal Organisations.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
To provide leadership in the implementation, management and coordination of the Human Resources Management and Administration functions.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
• Identify optimal organisational design to support the implementation of programmes and achievement of the vision.
• Contribute in the formulation and review of Human Resources Management and Administration Policies.
• Monitor the implementation of Human Resources Management, Administration Policies and procedures.
• Develop and maintain sound operational guidelines for the Ministry/Department based on established Public Service Rules and Regulations.
• Establish fora to facilitate regular and comprehensive exchange of ideas in the division and externally.
• Manage human and physical resources to meet strategic organisational and customer needs and to maintain sustained products and/or service delivery.
• Develop risk management strategies and plans to achieve organisational objectives.
• Supervise and monitor performance and quality of service provided by private consultants.
• Assess personal knowledge and skills against job specific competencies to identify development needs and priorities.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
• Analytical and Strategic Thinking
• Deciding and Initiating Action
• Teamwork and Partnering
• Communicating Effectively
• Planning and Execution
• Supervision and Accountability
• Innovating and Driving Change
• Delivering Quality Service
Applicants should quote the reference and vacancy circular number and provide the following:
• Detailed and updated Curriculum Vitae.
• Certified copy of the National Identity Card.
• Certified true copies of Certificates (academic and professional).
• Two (2) recent work related references (not more than 6 months old).
• Date of first appointment, current position, date into current position and salary scale (all applicants).
• Actual salary (either per month or per annum) for all applicants from Parastatals and the Private Sector.
All applications from serving public officers should be routed through their Heads of Departments and Permanent Secretaries. Applications not so routed will not be considered.
Applicants who do not meet minimum requirements stipulated above will not be responded to.
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS:
Applications should be addressed to:
Ministry of Basic Education
Private Bag 005
CLOSING DATE: 15 November 2016
For further information contact The Human Resource Office on 3674557/3674572/3656114