Mechanical Engineer – Product Development Center Mechanical Cutting
As a member of the productt engineering team, you will be responsible for a range of engineering tasks involving Sandvik Underground mining Products including aftermarket. The successful applicant will need to possess knowledge of underground coal mining processes, computer literacy, good analytical skills, a current driver’s licence and a determination for seeing a job through. This role is product focused and concentrates on providing technical and documentation support to the mechanical cutting product range.
Key performance areas
- Ensure compliance with required work place health and safety legislation for OEM manufacturers.
- Ensure design compliance with relevantstandards and legislative requirements for OEM manufacturers.
- Coordinating, participating and follow up of risk assessment team sessions
- Product design improvements and developments
- Co-ordination of larger modifications with overseas based designers.
- Design, drafting, concepts and layouts of modifications of mechanical components used on the equipment
- Coordination of engineering changes of sub-supplier components
- Investigation of failures and problems and recommend possible solutions.
- Addressing safety/OH&S issues as they arise
- Engineering design coordination for the overhaul of underground mining equipment.
- Ensure that Engineering projects are completed in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Produce detailed Engineering drawings forcomponent manufacture.
- Provide input to Engineering Team oncomponent developments.
- Drafting of hydraulic piping and circuit drawings.
- Matric (Grade 12) or equivalent qualification
- Degree Qualified Mechanical Engineer or suitable Mechanical Engineering .
- Minimum 3-5 years relevant industry experience.
- Mechanical Design drafting skills.
- Knowledge of hydraulic systems and hydraulic circuit design would be an advantage.
- Exposure to a production engineering environment would be well regarded.
- Competent with Unigraphics Design packages
- A strong willingness to learn and work in a small dedicated Engineering team.
Who may apply
All applicants outside South Africa must ensure that they are able to secure a work permit and permanent residence prior to applying for any advertised positions.
How to apply
To apply, please click on the ‘Apply’ button, or access the Sandvik website www.sandvik.com/career.
Applications close: 16 November 2016
Job Reference No: 347262
If you have any further queries, please contact us on 0800 331 331.
Recruiter: Thato Makoro
Sandvik is committed to representivity in the composition of its employees and the creation of job opportunities across all sectors of the South African population.
Deadline: 16 Nov
Powered by Jobs Botswana