I am currently representing a leading energy producer and engineering consultancy, who are seeking a Mechanical Maintenance Manager for their project in Southern Africa.
My client is responsible for the operation and maintenance of a 600 MW Coal Fired Power Plant in the region, and they urgently require an experienced Manager to come on board and help lead the project and manage the Mechanical Maintenance function on site.
- Minimum of Bachelors level Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Must have a minimum of 10 years’ experience working on Coal Fired O&M projects – From a mechanical bias
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Maintenance Manager (or related level) within similar sized Coal Fired Power Plants
- CFB experience is preferred
- Experience working on similar projects across Africa is essential, Southern African expertise is ideal
- Must have strong cultural knowledge of the region, and have the ability to lead and manage local work forces
- Must be fluent in written and spoken English
- Fixed term contract – Circa 12 months
- Competitive Net salary
- Housing – European style compound (up to 2 bedrooms)
- Car provided
- Health insurance and social security provided
- Monthly allowance for flights
- 50 working hours per week
- 30 days annual leave
This is an exciting project in a challenging and developing location and offers the chance to work for one of the most reputable International companies in the market place.
Get in touch ASAP if you are interested.