Nyangabgwe Referral Hospital – Temporary Healthcare Assistants
Ref: NH, 4/2/11(4)
VACANCY CIRCULAR NO: 2 OF 2017
Applicants are invited from suitably qualified citizens for 11 positions in the Ministry of Health under the department of clinical services.
SALARY PER ANNUM: P41 016 – P59 052
Certificate in Health Care Assistance
• Botswana citizens aged between 18-35
• Physically and mentally fit
• VALID Omang/ID
• Curriculum Vitae
• No criminal records
• Should be able to work with minimum supervision
Applicants should not have worked in Nyangabgwe Hospital for the past 12 months.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To provide quality patient care which includes pottering services to patients, directing them to relevant service points as necessary and to maintain a safe and clean environment within a health facility.
1. Guide, escorts and transport/move patients from one unit to another within a health facility
2. Assists health professionals with the ambulation of patients
3. Assists dependent patients with tasks such as feeding, bathing, dressing, changing bed linen, personal hygiene, and accessing of bedpans and urinals
4. Collects and delivers medications, supplies stationery and specimen results to and from relevant units
5. Assists in conducting phlebotomy in adults
6. Assists in the maintenance of the inventory of non-drug supplies
7. Pre-packs selected drugs at the pharmacy and assists in packing drugs on shelves
8. Files laboratory specimen results in medical laboratories
9. Assists in issuance of non-drug pharmaceutical supplies to units
10. Maintains a safe and clean environment through damp dusting of furniture and working surfaces
11. To perform any other related duties as may be required by the exigencies of the service
Applications should be directed to the postal address of Nyangabgwe Referral Hospital quoting Circular No. and Reference No. of this advert. Please enclose certified copies of educational certificates, CV, References if any and certified copy of Valid Omang.
NB: Hand delivery applications should be submitted to office No. A 18, Administration Block, Nyangabgwe Referral Hospital. NO FAXES ALLOWED.
All applications be addressed to:
The Hospital Superintendent
Nyangabgwe Referral Hospital
Private Bag 127
For more details contact Tel: 2411 000 OR 2416667
CLOSING DATE: 07 June 2017 at 1630hrs