If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world’s leading children’s rights organization would like to hear from you.
For 70 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children’s survival, protection and development. The world’s largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.
Purpose of the Position
As the head of operations of a small/medium-sized office or sub office, accountable for management of cost effective, efficient and secure operations, in support of management, administration and implementation of the country programmes. Manage the office’s operations (Finance, HR, ICT, Supply) related functions in accordance with strategy, plans and decisions made by Regional Management Team and Country Programme Management Teams.
Key Expected Results
- Operations of financial, budget, information & communication technology, supply & logistics, human resource and administrative management strengthened and maintained for Country Office.
- Appropriate and consistent interpretation and application of operations policy and procedures implemented to support operations at the country and sub-country levels.
- Fiduciary responsibility for funds and assets effectively secured and timely executed for optimum utilization by taking appropriate decision on all operational and financial transactions, disbursement of funds, and administrative arrangements.
- Effective leadership provided in strategic planning and policy recommendations in the area of operations, taking initiative in improving and implementing operations management systems.
- Basic office services effectively provided to enhance staff safety and productivity
- Operations components of the CPMP and annual work plans timely prepared, as well as all other operational reporting requirements fully met for the office.
Powered by Jobs Botswana