Tracking Code385-566Job Description
Please Note: This is a key personnel position and is therefore contingent upon donor approval.
Project Concern International (PCI) is a non-profit, international development organization with the mission of empowering people to enhance health, end hunger and overcome hardship. Founded in 1961 and headquartered in the United States, PCI has worked in Botswana since 2007.
PCI seeks an Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC) Program Manager for an upcoming project that will provide OVC and their care givers with relevant health, education, economic and social services. It will address weaknesses in linkages and referrals between relevant HIV clinical services (HTC, PMTCT, ART, VMMC and ASRH) and OVC programs, identify pediatric patients who have defaulted from treatment and link them to health facilities and provide the necessary care and support to retain them in care.
The OVC Program Manager will be responsible for management of the element related to vulnerable children and adolescents of the project, staffing, work planning and reporting.
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- Master’s degree or higher in public health, social work, education, child development or related field;
- At least 10 years of experience designing, implementing and managing OVC projects;
- Extensive experience implementing programs that address early childhood development, vulnerable adolescent girls and young women at high risk of HIV acquisition; children and adolescents living with HIV; and HIV-exposed infants, especially from young mothers, parent-child communication, livelihood programs, community mobilization, economic strengthening, child sexual abuse, OVC policy and advocacy;
- Familiarity with Botswana National OVC and HIV care and support policies and plans;
- Effective verbal and written communication skills;
- High proficiency in the use of computer, particularly in Microsoft Office etc.
- Fluency in English;
- Experience working with USAID and/or other US Government funding agencies;
- Experience working in Southern Africa required; strong preference for Botswana experience.
NOTE: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please do not submit your application by mail or email. Only candidates who submit their application online will be considered.
Job LocationGaborone, , Botswana