- Reviews and contributes to existing maternal programme materials.
- Develops and implements additional health education programs designed to increase awareness and knowledge to patients planning to give birth.
- Keeps up-to-date on changes in labour and delivery technology to keep program material current.
- Familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Provides information about the physiology, psychology, and sociology of pregnancy, childbirth, postpartum, and early parenthood.
- Demonstrates skills to assist women and their support persons to cope with pregnancy, childbirth, postpartum, and early parenthood; and encourages communication between the pregnant woman and other members of her health care circle.
- A facilitator who helps families better understand and value the experience of the transition to parenthood.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Provides general support to visitors/clients.
- Administers telephonic health care to selected patients/clients.
- Candidate must be able to apply clinical knowledge in advising pregnant females
- Candidate must be proficient in clinically training pregnant females
- Candidate will meet the required training programme and input further knowledge.
- Candidate is eloquent in English speaking and has excellent presentation skills
- Understands her viewership/clients with sensitivity
- Candidate has a soft sense of humour and shows compassion
- Candidate to telephonically advise and check on pregnant females
- Candidate responsible for updating the system on client progress. Training on system will be provided.
- Answer the client phone line and answer queries.
- Candidate must be able to report with effectiveness and efficiency.
- Must be a Botswana Citizen/permanent resident
- Diploma or Degree in Nursing/Midwifery with proven midwifery/childbirth experience.
And the successful candidate will need to supply:
- Certified Copies of Professional Certificates. (Undergraduate/ Post graduate) & CM2.
- Certified Copy of Registration Certificate from Ministry of Health/BHPC/Botswana Medical Council
- Certified Copy of Current registration card from Botswana Health Professions Council (BHPC) (blue card)
- Candidate has over 30 hours birth experience in-hospital or out-hospital (proven)
- Self-driven, punctual, reliable, well organised and highly presentable. Must have good administrative skills and excellent presentation skills
- Candidate must be computer literate in all Microsoft Programmes Must be able to travel and have own transport.
- Language: English and Setswana
- Two days per week for 5 hours each day. (We are negotiable on which days the candidate may request but once set, must be kept).
- One weekend per month from Friday 5pm until 22h00 and Saturday from 07h00 until 18h30 and then alternated every second month to 1 evening per week for 4 weeks. (18h30 to 21h00). Then repeated and so on.
- The above equates to approximately 60 -65 (maximum) hours per month.
- A 6 month probation period shall apply.
- A contract is offered for 1 year. Based on the company & staff performance, a permanent offer may be made with greater benefits.
- Candidate is subject to signing a Declaration of Secrecy.
- The salary offered is as follows:
- In the first 6 months, the salary is P9,600.
- Thereafter a performance review shall be performed and the salary may be increased to P11,000 per month.
- There are no other company benefits applicable.
Closing date and application instructions
Please forward your application to email@example.com
Powered by Jobs Botswana