Botswana Stock Exchange
The Botswana Stock Exchange (BSE) is one of the leading exchanges in Southern Africa and plays an increasingly important role in the country’s economic development by meeting the growing demand for investment products and access to capital. The BSE wishes to recruit a dynamic professional to join the Office of the Chief Executive Officer and help contribute to the development of Botswana’s capital market;
PERSONAL ASSISTANT TO THE CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
To provide secretarial and administration assistance at an executive level to the Chief Executive Officer including the
management and coordination of the functions of the Office of the Chief Executive.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION WILL INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
- Managing the day to day operation of the office of the Chief Executive Officer.
- Assists with the administrative arrangements for meetings of the Board and ensures that papers are distributed on time
- Takes messages, answers routine questions and refers visitors or callers to other members of the executive team in the absence of the Chief Executive Officer as necessary
- Informs management and external stakeholders of scheduled meetings with the Chief Executive Officer.
- Maintains a calendar of appointments and ensures that all correspondents receive a reply.
- Performs a variety of clerical elements related to typed materials, such as filing, preparing mail, photocopying and faxing in the Chief Executive’s office
- Types a wide range of documents including creating & updating spreadsheets, power point presentations and reports
- Preparing itineraries, compiling and maintaining travel records and vouchers – keeping track of associated costs
- Coordinates arrangements for functions such as meals, dinners, ensuring that all logistics, food, audio visual equipment are available for these events
- Organize meetings and workshops i.e. facilitate meetings with stakeholders including travel, accommodation and documentation
- Undertakes other such duties as directed by the Supervisor.
- Interpersonal and Communication Skills
- Managing Information
- Planning and Organizing
- Quality and Results Oriented
Applicants should have a Higher National Diploma in Secretarial Studies.
Applicants should have at least five (5) years’ experience as a secretary with thorough knowledge and experience in office automation, communication equipment and office procedures.
If you meet the requirements of the above position, please email your CV and the names of two non related referees to:
Finance and Administration Manager Botswana Stock Exchange e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications should reach the Botswana Stock Exchange on or before 11th November 2016.
Note: The Botswana Stock Exchange shall enter into correspondence with shortlisted candidates only.