Date: Feb 22, 2017
Location: Gaborone, SE, BW
Ericsson is a world-leading provider of telecommunications equipment & services to mobile & fixed network operators. Over 1,000 networks in more than 180 countries use Ericsson equipment, & more than 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic passes through Ericsson networks. Using innovation to empower people, business & society, we are working towards the Networked Society, in which everything that can benefit from a connection will have one. At Ericsson, we apply our innovation to market-based solutions that empower people & society to help shape a more sustainable world.
We are truly a global company, working across borders in 175 countries, offering a diverse, performance-driven culture & an innovative & engaging environment where employees enhance their potential every day. Our employees live our vision, core values & guiding principles. They share a passion to win & a high responsiveness to customer needs that in turn makes us a desirable partner to our clients. To ensure professional growth, Ericsson offers a stimulating work experience, continuous learning & growth opportunities that allow you to acquire the knowledge & skills necessary to reach your career goals.
Responsible for the end to end service or resource specific coordination, management, execution & managing the projects of the following activities:
- Service & Resource; long & medium term planning & design, as part of the Infrastructure & Product Lifecycle Management. Resource here must be understood as the complete Operator’s network & IS/IT infrastructure under the scope of the MS contract. This Service Function (SF) must ensure the best cost effective design, the adequate network & technology evolution & ensure the consistency of the service & resource
- Short term planning, service & resource engineering, responsible for the detailed design of new or enhanced services or resources, supporting the deployment of the solution & ensuring that it meets the project requirements
- Post-incident analysis as part of the Problem Management process & for approving any change that affects the network (or service) topology
- Network (& Service) performance management & capacity management, responsible to ensure that the services or resources are performing adequately & that enough capacity is available to meet the business requirements & growth projections. This function will prompt the need for a specific network optimization.
Responsibilities & Tasks
- Network & IS/IT Infrastructure LCM
- Network & IS/IT Infrastructure Planning & Design
- Special Projects Planning & Design
- Customer Solution Design
- MSTOP knowledge
- Presentation skills
- Communication Skills
- Knowledge sharing & Collaboration skills
- Ericsson Knowledge
- English skills
- Delivering Results & Meeting Customer Expectations
- Deciding & Initiating Action
- Planning & Organizing
- Applying Expertise & Technology
- Presenting & Communicating Information
Preferred Qualifications & Experience Requirements:
- Analytical & task oriented
- Good communication skills
- Cost awareness
- Social skills & awareness
- Problem Solving & strategic thinking
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Botswana (BW) || || Gaborone || ServEng