|A multi-national bank is seeking you to co-ordinate the successful delivery of projects that fall within the scope of the Project Management Office by ensuring all projects are delivered in compliance with project governance processes, methodology and tools.
Ongoing Assistance with Project Scheduling and Administration:
- Assist in-country project leadership with all planning activities such as setting up and coordinating project meetings and workshops.
- Assist in-country project leadership with the creation of project schedules and ensure schedules are baselined correctly and published on time (via EPM tool).
- Compile and maintain project dashboards, and ensure project plans are created and updated after each project progress meeting or project board meeting.
- Manage internal communication of all projects, including the project library.
- Provide administrative support to in-country project leadership, particularly for cross-functional projects.
Achievement of Project Governance Objectives:
- Ensure projects are run in accordance with Group PMO governance.
- Establish standards, tools, templates, charters, trackers, dashboards and procedures for use on specific projects encompassing issue, risk, change and information management and ensure these are used correctly.
- Review project activities for compliance with procedures and standards and escalate anomalies to relevant people.
- Follow-up on all relevant project documentation, status of actions and deliverables (e.g. PID, stakeholder plans, etc) and liaise with accountable Executive, Exco, senior stakeholders, Project Board and project teams to ensure deadlines are met.
- Contribute towards promoting a project management culture within the organization by coaching and advising internal and external stakeholders on the use of relevant project methodologies and tools.
Tracking of Project Spend, Including Invoice Processing and Follow-Up:
- Track all project spend and provide information for reporting purposes.
- Co-ordinate invoice processing with external providers.
Accurate, Timely Reporting and MI:
- Convene meetings with in-country project steering committees to update them on progress of each project and assist them to make decisions on the way forward.
- Produce consolidated reporting to the in-country project board, including a milestone summary encompassing key issues, risks, benefits and costs incurred.
- Assist project leadership to collate weekly and/or monthly project progress reports.
- Ensure project information is reflected in real time.
- Collate reports and MI and perform basic quality and health checks, particularly for accuracy and integrity.
Stakeholder Relationship Management:
- Build strong relationships across the project community.
- Lead by example in building strong internal and external relationships, displaying sound abilities to listen, advise, influence, negotiate and make presentations at all levels.
- Identify opportunities to leverage opportunities and share knowledge and lessons learnt.
- Relevant Business Degree.
- Project Management qualification is essential (e.g. CAPM and other project administration qualification).
- 5+ years’ Project Co-ordination Experience, preferably in financial services.
- Project Management experience across African Countries would be highly advantageous.
- Highly analytical and attentive to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to be assertive when necessary.
- Able to interact confidently with senior stakeholders.
- Sound planning and organising skills with an ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Deadline driven.
- Proactive, resilient and tenacious.
- Technical Pre-requisites.
- PRINCE2 Foundation, PM BOK and/or equivalent project management methodologies, skills and exposure.
- Proven project administration and project co-ordination skills.
- Experience of tracking activities across the whole of a project lifecycle, using current tools and templates.
- Knowledge of project governance, control and risk management.
- Experience of working in Africa (advantageous).
- Knowledge of the full MS Office suite and MS Projects.