VACANCY CIRCULAR NO. 33 OF 2016
Applicants are invited from suitably qualified Botswana Citizens for the below mentioned position in the Ministry of Lands and Housing
PRINCIPAL LAND SURVEYOR I – D2 TENABLE AT GHANZI AND MALETE LAND BOARD x 2 POSTS
SALARY: D2 (P238, 668.00 – P263, 508.00)
LEAVE: 30 working days
• Optional contributory Medical aid scheme (Government pays 50 % and employee pays 50%)
• Contributory Pension Scheme (Government pays 15 % and employee pays 5 %)
QUALIFICATIONS: Degree in Geomatics or related field. Master’s degree will be an added advantage.
EXPERIENCE: 10 years relevant work experience, 2 years of which have been as Principal Land Surveyor II or equivalent.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To plan, manage, coordinate and direct the functions of the Survey and Mapping divisions to ensure that the goals and objectives of the organization are achieved in respect of land management and information.
• Checks quality in surveys and land information provided by the Land Board
o Determine map projections and spheroids for use.
o Determine calibration procedures for survey equipment
• Advises the Land Board on matters relating to Survey and Mapping
• Provides professional leadership of the department
• Sets performance standards for the department to optimize results.
• Decides on the need for outsourcing survey and mapping jobs, considering manpower constraints and operational levels
• Appraises the suitability of Private Surveyors in surveying layouts and mapping in Tribal land
• Decides on the methods and equipment to be used for a specific or particular job.
• Monitors and gives instructions, furnishes required information, defines responsibilities, technical specifications and decides on the work programme.
• Coordinates the development and implementation of annual performance plan for the department in line with the Land Board strategic plan
• Appraises individual staff performance to ensure that Surveys and Land Information Division staff meets performance standards as per agreed performance contracts
• Coordinates the implementation of Survey and Mapping policies and procedures in accordance with relevant statutes
• Provides responses to audit queries.
• Coordinates the establishment and densification of control network in the Tribal area/Territory.
• Interprets Acts of Parliament that define District, National Parks, Game Reserves and Land Board (Sub Land Boards) boundaries and determines their locations. Determines and manage finance and manpower budget estimates for the department
• Coordinates the registration of title deeds with the Registrar of Deeds.
• Undertakes any other related duties as assigned by management.
Building and Managing Relationships
Planning & Execution
Analytical Thinking & Visioning
Deciding and Initiating Action
Creativity and Innovation
Applicants should quote the vacancy circular number giving the following details;
a. Full name, address and date of birth
b. Qualifications supported by certified copies of certificates, Omang and references of not more than 2 years
c. Detailed summary of career with duties (C.V)
d. Your application should entail:
i. Date of first appointment
ii. Present post and date of appointment thereto
iii. Present salary scale
All applications must be routed through the Head of Departments. Applications not so routed will not be considered.
Response will be accorded to shortlisted candidates only.
Kindly be informed that the place at which the advertised post is tenable is subject to change.
Applications should be addressed to:
Ministry of Lands and Housing
Private Bag 00434
Hand deliver to:
Ministry of Lands and Housing
Open Records Management Unit
Second Floor, Left Wing, Office 240
AKD House Main mall
Closing date: 29th September, 2016
For further information contact: 3615328 or 3615344