REF: KGDC 4/3/9 I (46) September 26, 2017
Applications are invited from suitably qualified of Botswana Citizens to fill the below mentioned position tenable in KGALAGADI DISTRICT COUNCIL.
VACANCY CIRCULAR NUMBER 16 OF 2017
POST : PRINCIPAL STRUCTURAL ENGINEER I – D2
SALARY SCALE : D2 (P248, 220.00 – P274, 056.00 per annum)
LEAVE : 30 working days
QUALIFICATIONS: Degree in Civil and Structural Engineering or related field (Registered with Engineers Registration Board)
EXPERIENCE: 10 years relevant work experience of which two (2) years must have been served as Principal Structural Engineer II at D3 level or equivalent
• Optional contributory Medical Aid Scheme; Government pays 50%, Employee pays 50%
• Contributory Pension Fund Scheme; Government contributes 15%, Employee 5% of basic salary,
• Scarce Skills Allowance in accordance with the Directive on Attraction & Retention Policy
• Analytical Thinking and Visioning
• Building & Managing Relationships
• Deciding and Initiating action
• Managing performance
• Planning and execution
• Creativity and Innovation
• Quality Service Delivery
• Communicating Effectively
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
• To supervise the development and implementation of structural engineering designs.
• Provides professional advice with regard to structural works.
• Manages, directs and supervises the Structural Engineering Division.
• Supervises and guides subordinates in accordance with set standards.
• Liaises with other professionals in the development of comprehensive designs for building projects.
• Coordinates the preparation of structural designs and drawings for the construction of buildings to ensure that all structural components are taken on board.
• Undertakes any other related duties as directed by management.
• All Public serving officers should route their applications through Heads of Departments, applications not so routed will not be considered
• All submissions should be clearly marked the name of the Post AND Vacancy Circular Number outside the envelope.
• Applicants should quote the number of this vacancy circular and provide the following details:-
1. Certified copies of certificates, Omang (ID), brief summary of career with duties Curriculum Vitae (CV)
2. Appointment letters as evidence (First Appointment and Appointment to current post)
3. Please quote:
i) Date of first appointment
ii) Present post and date appointed thereto
iii) Recent References (at least 2) less than 12 months valid
Applications should be addressed to: COUNCIL SECRETARY
KGALAGADI DISTRICT COUNCIL
PRIVATE BAG 005
CLOSING DATE: OCTOBER 25, 2017
NOTE: Only applicants who meet the minimum requirements need to apply. We are unable to respond to all applications, regrets will only be sent to applicants that would not be successful in the interview. Faxed and e-mailed applications will not be accepted.
For more information contact Mr. O. I. Petros or Mr. D. Ditsele at 6540061, Ext. 2046/2060