MORUPULE COAL MINE SEEKS TO INVITE SUITABLY QUALIFIED AND EXPERIENCED CITIZEN CANDIDATES FOR THE FOLLOWING POSITION:-
The Process Manager reports directly to the General Manager. This position is responsible for the overall development, design, implementation, and execution of the Mine metallurgical and chemical processing operations.
- Initiates and directs the implementation of medium to long term operational and maintenance plans by:
- Developing coal treatment and plant maintenance requirements
- Setting performance standards and requirements based on the coal processing plan.
- Contributes to the development of the medium to long term departmental strategic plans pertaining to area of responsibility.
- Interprets and develops treatment plant production and efficiency objectives to support the overall departmental objectives.
- Improve plant operating performance; reduce waste and delays; promote cost reductions; and achieve a high level of operating efficiency.
- Develop and manage process operations and work practices that maximize operational efficiencies.
- Initiates and coordinates implementation of policies, procedures and practices to enable sustainability and achievement of organisational business objectives.
- Reviews and monitors plant perfomance and provides guidance to ensure sustainability.
- Assesses opportunities to improve operational processes and systems (e.g. diamond control, diamond value management, asset management) in line with defined standards and guidelines.
- Scans the environment for industry best practice, analyses trends and recommends changes within the metallurgical process for business improvement.
- Coordinates the implementation of and compliance to legal and corporate governance principles/requirements.
- Work within cross-functional teams and coach, mentor supervise and lead direct reports.
- Maintain a safe and efficient work environment.
- Adheres to and promotes safety, health and environmental policies and procedures.
Minimum Education, Training & Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Metallurgical or Chemical Engineering or equivalent;
- Minimum ten years of metallurgical or mineral processing experience plus engineering process design and feasibility studies.
- Registration with professional Engineering body a prerequisite.
- Knowledge of SHE management systems (ISO 14001 & OHSAS 18001).
- Knowledge of Asset Management System – ISO 5501.
- Demonstrated commitment to safe working practices;
- Ability to effectively delegate while maintaining forward motion on key deliverables;
- Proven team player skills with ability to build and maintain internal and external relationships;
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills;
- Strong mentoring, training and coaching to junior colleagues.
Closing date and application instructions
Prospective candidates must be medically and physically fit and willing to work in an Underground Coal Mining Environment and meet demanding schedules.
Candidates who meet the above requirements need apply with copies of certified certificates and comprehensive curriculum vitae addressed to:
Human Resources Advisor – Services
Morupule Coal Mine, Private Bag 35 PALAPYE
Email: Recruitment@mcm.co.bw Closing date: 3 March 2017
PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND THROUGH FAX AND NOTE THAT RESPONSES WILL ONLY BE MADE TO APPLICANTS CONSIDERED FOR INTERVIEW.