The University is looking for qualified and experienced individual for the below stated position;
The position is based at BIUST Campus, Palapye.
The position is offered on fixed term contract of five (5) years.
COLLEGE OF SCIENCES
DEPARTMENT OF PHYSICS AND ASTRONOMY
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To teach and educate undergraduate and graduate students in PHYSICS AND ASTRONOMY and to build the knowledge base in a in Radio Astronomy through research and publications. To administer teaching activities within the discipline of Astronomy and provide leadership at the module or course level. To establish a national research reputation in the field of Radio Astronomy. To be active in professional service related to Astronomy.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• A PhD or equivalent in Astronomy
• A minimum of ten (10) years post-doctoral experience in research and teaching
• A record of recent and continuing publications (minimum of about 30 peer-reviewed publications in total)
• Successful supervision of postgraduate students at Masters and Doctoral level
• Record of attracting Research grants.
KEY COMPETENCIES/ SKILLS
• In-depth understanding of own specialization to enable the development of new knowledge, innovation and understanding within the field
• Ability to prepare and submit proposals and applications to external bodies e.g. for funding and accreditation purposes.
• Understanding of academic management structures and their functioning
• Excellent knowledge of the international academic discipline environment
Involvement in professional activities where applicable
• Effective communication skills
The University offers an attractive package commensurate with qualification and experience.
If you meet the requirements of the above stated position please send your application letter above and detailed Curriculum Vitae including at least three (3) recent professional references to;
Director, Human Resources at the email address below.
Please note: Processing of received applications will commence from June 30, 2017.
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE RESPONDED TO.
For any further enquiries, you may call Ms. Taolo @ 493 1307 or Mr Monageng 4931303
The position will remain vacant until filled.