Botswana Council of Churches (BCC) is a national network of Christian Churches and Institutions, started in 1965 and was formally established on the 21st May 1966. The Council exists to serve the churches, to create an enabling environment for them to serve God and all His people, especially those in need. The Council further serves to bring the churches together to actively engage development processes in Botswana.
BCC wishes to employ an individual for the position of Programs Manager
Main purpose of the job.
The Officer is expected to manage, develop and implement, monitor and evaluate BCC Programs and Projects.
Job Primary Responsibilities
a) Provide Technical Management in Designing, Coordinating, Monitoring, Evaluating and Reporting on the Programs of the Council.
b) Supervise Programs implementation for maximum impact and sustainability.
c) Prepare and Submit to the General Secretary/Board and Relevant Committees on Monthly/Quarterly and Annual Basis, Reports on the Operations of BCC Programs.
Programs Coordination Key Responsibilities are to:
1. Provide direction and technical support of BCC Programs.
2. Facilitate Networking BCC Programs and those of Member Churches and Institutions.
3. Maintain Networking with BCC Partners, Sister Organizations, Government and others.
4. Prepare and Present Periodic, Medium Term and Annual Reports.
5. Mobilize Resources for BCC Programs and to Support Members.
6. Develop and/or approve Work Plans for Programs.
7. Develop and maintain a monitoring and evaluation systems.
A degree or its equivalent in a relevant field such as Project Management/Social Sciences, Public Administration, Development Studies, Business Management, etc. Experience in Program Management at National or Regional Level with the Church or Non-Governmental Organizations will be an additional advantage.
The person must be fluent in Setswana and English. She/she must have 5 years experience in an FBO or NGO environment in a senior position and must have dealt with donor funded projects, preferably in FBO or NGO setting.
Requisite Knowledge and Skills
1. Lobbying and Advocacy Skills
2. Resource Mobilization Skills
3. Negotiations and Problem Solving Skills
4. Monitoring & Evaluation Skills
5. Excellent Communications and Interpersonal Skills.
6. Excellent Teamwork and People Management Skills
7. A Valid Driver’s License. Deadline: Tuesday 2nd August 2016
Applications: Interested candidates should send an application with a full CV, 2 references plus a
Church support letter to:
Botswana Council of Churches
P.O Box 355 Gaborone
Tel/Fax: 3951981 Email: email@example.com
Powered by Jobs Botswana