28 Sep 2016
To take full responsibility for the successful delivery of business/technical solutions or changes in support of the strategic and operational objectives of Barclays Africa of:-
• a business critical project of medium size and complexity, or
• a major workstream of a large and complex project, or
• 2 smaller, less complex, projects.
In the delivery of programmes or projects will follow and apply Barclays Africa project practices, standards and methodologies as defined from time
• Progress, ensuring awareness of responsibilities and securing commitment to successful project delivery.
• Comply with the appropriate structures established and maintained by the Programme Manager, to ensure the delivery of projects.
• Prepare current and accurate forecast of costs, cashflow, timescales and resource requirements and agree with the Project Steering Committee
• Identify and manage all programme/project issues and risks including their appropriate escalation and contingency management
• Identify all products and tasks associated with their completion. Prepare and maintain detailed and accurate project and resource plans, with current estimates for activity completion.
• Monitor and control the use of resources and funds against the original budget or, where appropriate the latest allocation. Gain agreement for all changes to the project as necessary.
• Provide regular and accurate progress reports and updated plans on a monthly basis to the Senior Project Manager, and if appropriate the Programme Manager/Project Steering Committee.
• Experience of appropriate change/programme management software (Microsoft Project)
• At least PRINCE2 Foundation (candidates not possessing this would be expected to achieve Practitioner status within 12 months)
• An understanding of Barclays Africa project practices, standards and methodologies.
• An understanding of Performance Management Techniques in use in the Bank.