|Job title :||Project Manager||Reference :||C129276|
|Company :||The Kavango Zambezi Transfrontier Conservation Area (KAZA TFCA)|
|Professional Sector :||Industry Sector :|
|Salary :||Annually : Negotiable|
|Applications open :||2016-09-08||Applications close :||2016-10-07|
Kavango-Zambezi Transfrontier Conservation Area (KAZA TFCA)
The KAZA Secretariat, with its head office in Kasane, Botswana, is looking for a Project Manager (PM) to head up the Project Management Unit (PMU), who will be responsible to implement projects such as management and tourism infrastructure, livelihood improvement, human wildlife conflict mitigation, enterprise development, etc.
The individual must be an achiever with a successful track record in the conservation/development arena of southern Africa, and will be expected to be dynamic and innovative with excellent organising, facilitation, interpersonal, project management and leadership skills.
The PM will be the head of the PMU. He/she will work under the overall guidance of the KAZA Secretariat and the Project Steering Committee (PSC) for implementation of project activities.
• Overall management and supervision of the project and ensuring achievement of project intended outputs and objectives
• Ensure that Annual Project Implementation Plans are compiled in consultation with the other members of the KAZA Secretariat, the PMU as well as the Wildlife Dispersal Area (WDA) structures
• Together with the local partner country structures, ensure that the annual plans of the various WDAs are implemented
• Ensure good governance and financial management of the operational budgets, the contracting of appropriate service providers as well as the preparation of quarterly and annual progress reports
• Design a monitoring and evaluation system for the implementation of the projects
• Supervise and conduct appropriate performance management, including appraisals of the PMU and Project staff.
• At least 15 years’ experience in large development projects
• A degree in the natural sciences, project management or business management fields
• The ability and willingness to live, work and travel extensively in remote conditions
• Experience in managing multiple donor-funded projects. Experience with KfW procurement rules and procedures will be advantageous
• Strong harmonisation ability
• Working experience within a culturally diverse team environment.
Full terms of reference are available on the KAZA TFCA website: www.kavangozambezi.org as well as on the Peace Parks Foundation website: www.peaceparks.org
Interested candidates should submit a covering letter detailing their interest in and suitability for the position, as well as Curriculum Vitae in English, with contact details of 3 references by 7 October 2016
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted to attend an interview.