Botswana Harvard AIDS Institute Partnership (BHP) is a collaborative research and training initiative between government of Botswana and the Harvard School of Public Health. BHP is dedicated to fight HIV/AIDS and other public health challenges through collaborative research, education and capacity building.
We seek energetic, results driven individual, with good interpersonal skills and relevant experience to fill the above position within the Partnership.
Peo is a project funded by the US National Institutes of Health aimed at planning for a Southern African Regional Center for Research Excellence on Non-Communicable Diseases (NCDs) that would build capacity for and propel policy-impact NCDs research. The project is collaboration between 6 institutions spanning three countries, and will include the functions of a Coordination Unit housed at BHP.
The Project Manager will be the head of the Coordinating Unit, and will be responsible for ensuring that the Coordination Unit functions smoothly and that all project activities are well coordinated across the multiple institutional partners of the Southern African Regional Center of Non-Communicable Diseases Research Excellence (RCRE)
Key Performance Areas
- Ensuring that all collaborating partners have defined deliverables and timelines, and are held accountable to these through the use of monitoring and evaluation mechanisms developed and implemented by the Project Manager, with input from collaborators
- Ensuring that applicable data and data systems are available or developed
- Facilitating communication and knowledge exchange, including hosting of partnership coordination meetings, and connecting researchers based on NCD research focus area/synergies and match connect junior researchers with relevant experts/mentors
- Coordinating provision of grants management support including reporting to donor, and facilitate submission of grant applications
- Ensuring compliance with financial and regulatory reporting for awarded grants,
Qualifications & Experience
The incumbent must have a Bachelor’s Degree (Master’s Degree a bonus) with at least 2 years’ experience in project management-related role.
Closing date and application instructions
Qualified and competent individuals are requested to forward their detailed applications to:
Botswana Harvard AIDS institute Partnership
Private Bag BO320
Closing date: 11th October 2016
Powered by Jobs Botswana