The position of Operations Manager has arisen in Kansai Plascon Botswana, based in Gaborone, Botswana. The position reports to the General Manager.
Main Purpose of the Job
Provide leadership and direction in the management of the Operations department to enable an aligned focus to meet business requirements while maintaining legal compliance and a safe working environment.
- Provide leadership and direction in the management of the Production, Logistics, Process Engineering and Quality Control, including maintenance to ensure customer requirements are efficiently achieved
- Responsible for the maintenance and measurement of the Kansai Plascon Botswana SHERQ Management system and sustainability and the maintenance of BOBS certification while continually improving the system
- Develop and implement strategic plan initiatives for Operations
- Determine capital expenditure requirements in operations
- Set aligned operational goals and targets and optimise resources and processes within operations to achieve and improve targets and goals
- Maintain the overall site appearance and security to improve its safety and visual while adhering to the relevant OHS and environmental legislation
Skill, Knowledge and Experience Requirements
- University degree in Chemistry/Chemical Engineering and at least Modules 1 to 6 of the SAPMA Paint Technology Course or equivalent.
- SAP knowledge is a pre-requisite
- ISO 9001:2008 Quality Assurance training.
- MBA in general management will be an added advantage
- 8 years post qualification experience with more than 2 years’ experience as Deputy Production Manager
- Experience in the procurement of raw materials and packaging as well as experience in the implementation and/ or maintenance of ISO9001:2008 and OSH Act management systems.
- Coaching & Developing others
- Customer insight and focus
- Communication and influence
- Exceptional team work
- Strategic Planning
- Solution Generation and Problem solving
- Relationship building and networking
Closing date and application instructions
If you meet these requirements and are interested, send your application with certified certificates and curriculum vitae to HR Department or e-mail to OduetseK@kansaiplascon.co.bw by no later than the close of business on 25th February 2017.
Kansai Plascon Botswana shall only correspond to short listed candidates only.