Group Operations: a range of essential and complex services to ensure processes across the bank work as effectively and efficiently as possible
The purpose of the job is as follows:
- Ensure that all canisters or stop loss bags received from CIT companies are timeously handed to tellers for processing and tellers to sign for all work receive, thus ensuring a smooth workflow.
- Lend support to tellers regarding exceptions (e.g. verifying of drops received, sorting of customers deposits for processing)
- Ensure that all administrative functions (e.g. float schedules) and duty of care, pertaining to the processing line is performed.
- Understand the risk associated with handling of cash and maintain an effective system of control in order to reduce the overall exposure and thereby minimise risk.
Key Responsibilities/AccountabilitiesThe key accountabilities for this role are as follows:
- Accurately completes relevant MIS stats on a daily basis.
- Phone customer with differences and other issues relating to their banking.
- Check tellers for differences when balancing at end of day.
- Verify seal number and sign for stop loss bags/canister on the security container check sheet.
- Accurately update all stats and volume of work timeously and with integrity (e.g. before the end of the respective shift).
- Resolves any discrepancy with the CIT representative within his/her control and escalates to the team leader if out of his/her control.
Preferred Qualification and ExperienceQualifications and experience required for this role ae as follows:
- Diploma in Business
- Institute of Bankers or any related certificate
- At least one year’s experience as a cash centre teller
Knowledge/Technical Skills/ExpertiseTechnical skills and expertise required are as follows:
- Knowledge of the telling function
- Basic understanding of computers
- Knowledge of various deposit types
- Knowledge of the cash centre processes and procedures
- Knowledge of the bank’s laid down procedures and processes