Purpose of the Recruitment Officer:
As a member of the recruitment and selection team, the incumbent supports the operations through the recruitment and selection of competent and capable human resources, in a timely manner.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Facilitates recruitment at an operational level, clearly understanding the job requirements from line managers;
- Responsible for driving the recruitment process from: drafting job advertisements, placing the advertisements, providing line managers with shortlisted candidates, generating the interview guides, arranging the interviews, finalising interview reports and facilitating the requisite screening;
- Provides line management with ongoing feedback regarding the recruitment process;
- Provides input into the weekly and monthly recruitment reports; and
- Assists with the maintenance of the online recruitment database as well as the job seekers database.
Minimum qualifications, experience and skill requirements:
- Degree or diploma in Human Resources;
- 5 – 8 years relevant post graduate experience, of which a minimum of 3 years must be in the mining industry;
- Passion for recruitment and a customer service orientation;
- Excellent organisational and administration skills;
- Must be computer literate, with strong attention to detail;
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels; and
- Must possess a valid drivers’ licence.
The successful candidate will report to the Recruitment Coordinator and will be based on site.