An opportunity is available for a suitably qualified and experienced Regional Finance Officer in Maun, Botswana.
- An Honours degree in Finance / Accounting plus Chartered Accounting Post Graduate qualification. Knowledge of the theoretical and practical application of IFRS is required.
- A good knowledge of tax law and application within the common monetary area and SADEC is required.
- The incumbent must have at least 15 years’ experience working in a listed company reporting environment.
- Experience in both the South African and Botswana listed environments would be an added advantage.
- Strategic thinking
- Outstanding communication skills
- Negotiation skills
- High Integrity
- Analytical skills
- Results oriented
Reporting to the Managing Director, the incumbent of this position will be responsible role for the entire financial function for the businesses of Okavango Wilderness Safaris in the Botswana Region. The role includes but not are not limited financial reporting, financial and company administration, tax compliance, cash flow management, statutory audit responsibilities and supplier and client account management. The incumbent will be responsible for the delivery of the following key performance areas.
Key Performance Areas:
- Prepare timely and accurate Financial Reports for Management, the Board and Shareholders to facilitate informed business decision making. Candidate must have experience in writing reports to board level.
- Candidate must expect to attend and report at Board Meetings as well as fill a positon of the regional EXCO.
- Providing financial modelling and analysis for the group’s cash flow and costs forecast is an important part of the role in delivering the mandate of the Company.
- Incumbent will be responsible for leading a team of approximately fifty people in Finance, IT and Payroll administration. The team will include a range of individuals from clerical staff to highly qualified finance professionals.
- Extensive project work is required and experience in the financial aspects of project budgeting, preparation of proposals and project management.
- Liaison and negotiations with banks and other financiers as well as shareholders.
- Responsible for the day-to-day cash management and required payments.
- Ensures the successful completion of the annual statutory audit.