VACANCY: Risk and Strategy MANAGER [3-5 Year Contract]
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Risk & Strategy Manager will manage the overall BGI strategy planning and monitoring and embed enterprise-wide risk management in core processes of BGI in the achievement of the corporate strategy. The Risk and Strategy Manager will provide strategy development expertise for specific strategic initiatives both in strategy support and in road-mapping for successful execution.
- Strong leadership and people skills
- Integrity and trust
- Diagnostic and trouble-shooting capabilities
- Advanced IT skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent knowledge of COSO, SOX and CoCo risk frameworks
- Excellent project management skills
- Excellent English written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to present and explain complex issues
- Strategic and innovative thought process
QUALIFICATIONS and PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIP
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Strategic Management, Business Administration or Risk Management
- MBA would be added advantage
- Certificate in Enterprise-wide Risk Management is a pre-requisite
- Membership to a professional association would be added advantage
- 8 years post qualification in an risk and strategic management
- 3 years should have been at senior management level
- Experiential knowledge of project management systems and processes
- Experiential knowledge in project management tools (PRINCE 2, Sigma and Kaizen)
- Experiential knowledge in the planning and execution of risk management processes
- Experiential knowledge in QA/QC processes
BGI offers a competitive remuneration package that commensurate with the position. The package includes medical aid, gratuity, group life cover and other fringe benefits.
Closing date and application instructions
How to Apply
- Go to this link to register and apply online https://rsm.jb.skillsmapafrica.com
- Enclose a detailed CV, three (3) contactable referees and a motivation letter.
Address applications to:
The Chief Executive Officer
Botswana Geoscience Institute
Private Bag 14
Khama 1 Avenue, Plot 1734
CLOSING DATE: 10th February 2017.
Note: BGI will respond to candidates shortlisted for interview only.