Reporting to the CEO, to develop, coordinate and monitor SHERQ management systems in order to achieve requirements of ISO 14001, BOS 61:2002, compliance with BPC integrated SHERQ performance standards and relevant statutory requirements.
- Develop and oversee the implementation of SHERQ strategies, plans and programmes.
- Plan and develop SHERQ systems in accordance with BPC’s standards and procedures.
- Establish and manage a pool of resources that conduct SHERQ audits and supervise the appointment and engagement of external SHERQ auditors.
- Identify potential risks and recommend appropriate strategies to mitigate them.
- Report to EXCO on performance of the section with respect to safety, health, environmental, risk and quality management systems including, disabling injury frequency rate (DIFR), and pollution levels at generation plants.
- Provide support and advice to business unit managers and staff on SHERQ issues.
- Plan, organise and coordinate the development and implementation of security policies, strategies and procedures to protect the company’s assets and personnel.
- Degree in Risk Management or Environmental.
- Management or Occupational Health & Safety or any related area.
- Membership of a recognised occupational safety institution preferred.
- Minimum of 7 years post qualification experience in the area of SHERQ or related field in an industrial environment
- At least 5 years at management level
- Strong SHE background.
- Strategic thinking, business acumen and commercial awareness.
- Customer focus, values, ethics and integrity.
- Decision making, drive for results, process management and action orientation.
- Dealing with ambiguity and openness to change.
Please note that the following vacancies should be delivered to the following adress:
P O Box 301789, Tlokweng
Plot 171, Oasis Motel Complex Unit 6.
firstname.lastname@example.org (Please indicate the position applied for in the emailsubject line)
Powered by Jobs Botswana