MORUPULE COAL MINE SEEKS TO INVITE SUITABLY QUALIFIED AND EXPERIENCED CITIZEN CANDIDATES FOR THE FOLLOWING POSITION:-
To manage the mining operations and maintenance functions, and ensure implementation of objectives within the framework of the department’s strategic plan, legal requirements and best mining engineering principles.
- Develops and implements the Mining strategy to meet MCM medium and long-term goals.
- Directs and coordinates the development of the mine’s operational plans to meet key objectives.
- Interprets operational requirements and integrates with discipline base financial needs to ensure availability of financial resources to meet business objectives.
- Responsible for, approves and monitors the utilisation of allocated funds to enable the attainment of functional objectives.
- Sets and monitors mining production targets and standards for the mining operation’s team and monitors compliance.
- Manages and directs the deployment of resources to optimise the efficiency of the operation.
- Identifies and implements creative and innovative ideas to continuously improve and sustain business performance.
- Develops and implement systems, policies, standards and procedures for the engineering and technical work performed in the department to continuously improve efficiency and technical excellence and ensure corporate governance.
- Ensures that employees are selected, deployed, trained, evaluated and rewarded in compliance with existing employee management systems.
- Coaches, counsels, disciplines and develops subordinate employees.
- Identifies and manages the implementation of and adherence to legal and corporate governance principles/ requirements.
- Coordinates & manages the Safety, Health and Environmental policies and procedures in area of responsibility as well as compliance to the statutory requirements such as stipulated in the Mines, Works, Quarries and Machinery Act (MWQM).
- Identifies and liaises with key stakeholders to ensure achievement of business objectives.
Minimum Education/Certification (Legal Requirement) & Experience:
- Mining Engineering Degree or equivalent.
- Blasting Licence.
- Registration with professional Engineering body a prerequisite.
- Valid light duty drivers licence.
- Knowledge of SHE management systems (ISO 14001 & OHSAS 18001).
- Knowledge of Asset Management System – ISO 5501.
- 6 years post qualification mining experience of which 3 should have been at Mining Engineer level.
- Achievement Orientation, Judgment and Decision Making, Managing Performance and Holding People Accountable, Planning, Coordination and Execution, Change Leadership, Concern for Safety, Health and the Environment.
Closing date and application instructions
Prospective candidates must be medically and physically fit and willing to work in an Underground Coal Mining Environment and meet demanding schedules.
Candidates who meet the above requirements need apply with copies of certified certificates and comprehensive curriculum vitae addressed to:
Human Resources Advisor – Services
Morupule Coal Mine, Private Bag 35 PALAPYE
Closing date: 3 March 2017
PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND THROUGH FAX AND NOTE THAT RESPONSES WILL ONLY BE MADE TO APPLICANTS CONSIDERED FOR INTERVIEW.