VACANCY CIRCULAR NO. 10 OF 2016
Ref: ICTMS 1/17/1 (16)
Applicants are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the position of Senior Broadcasting Assistant in the Department of ICT & Media Services, Ministry of Education and Skills Development.
B1 (P56 940 – P68 028 per annum)
20 working days per annum
i) Optional medical aid scheme with the Botswana Public Officers Medical Aid Scheme (BPOMAS – Government pays 50% and employee pays 50%)
ii) Contributory pension scheme (Government contributes 15% and employee contributes 5%)
Applicants should have Certificate in Journalism and Media Studies, Basic Radio Production, Intermediate Radio Production.
At least three (3) years satisfactory service two (2) of which should have been served as Broadcasting Assistant or its equivalence.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
Plan, design, develop and present good quality educational radio programmes.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
• Plan, design and develop material for Youth Basket (Life Skills) and other Programmes.
• Broadcast educational radio Programmes to schools.
• Research on children`s health and examination tips to impart to students.
• Ensure all material broadcast meet the required quality.
• Check existing Programmes and recommends re-cording, editing, update or replace the Programmes to the relevant producers where necessary.
• Participate in various exhibitions.
• Undertake any other related duties as required to meet the exigencies of the service.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
• Presentation Skills
• Effective Teams
• Time Management
Applicants should quote the reference and vacancy circular number and provide the following:
• Detailed and updated Curriculum Vitae.
• Certified true copies of Certificates and National Identity card.
• Two (2) recent work related references (not more than 6 months old).
Applicants should indicate:
• Date of first appointment.
• Present position and appointment thereto.
Any other post which falls vacant during the processing of this advertisement will be filled through the same.
All applications should be routed through their Heads of Departments and Permanent Secretaries. Applications not so routed will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.
Applications should be addressed to:
Department of Information Communication and Media Services
Private Bag 00483
CLOSING DATE: 23 September 2016
For further information contact The Human Resource Office at 3656164/3656165/3656152.
The Senior Technical Assistant post that was advertised in the Daily News dated 27th May 2016 has been with-drawn.