- To provide efficient Human Resources services and support to specific business units;
- To assist the Human Resources (HR) Manager in the review and development of HR strategies, policies and systems as well as coordinating HR and organisational development projects.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Assists the HR Manager in the review and development of HR strategies, policies and systems;
- Assists in the coordination of HR and organisational development projects; Prepares job advertisements for placement in appropriate media and shortlists potential candidates;
- Makes arrangements for interviews to be carried out and participates in the selection/interview processes;
- Carries our reference checks and drafts offer of employment letters;
- Conducts orientation and induction of new staff and supervises the probation of new employees;
- Carries out administrative duties relating to new employees including opening personal files, organizing permits for expatriates, processing medical aid and insurance, and addition to the payroll;
- Calls for performance plans at the beginning of the year, and sends out reminders on impeding performance appraisals, provides technical support, and makes follows up to ensure the appraisals are completed on time;
- Prepares summary of appraisal results and participates in the Consistency Check Committee to calibrate performance ratings;
- Handles queries to performance appraisals;
- Identifies training needs from the completed appraisals, selects suitable programmes to cover the skills gaps and coordinates staff training;
- Handles queries relating to salaries;
- Handles disciplinary actions/grievances in line with the Disciplinary Policy Grievance Procedures;
- Monitors staff contracts and handles terminations in line with set procedures;
- Keeps records and ensures efficient retrieval of the same;
- Relieves the HR Officer in payroll processing , making bank transfers and tax returns;
- Coordinate activities related to wellness programmes; and
Performs any other duties as directed by the supervisor.
Qualifications and experience
- Degree or HND in Human Resources Management or Social Sciences in a related discipline;
- 5 years in an HR environment doing Recruitment and/or Employee relations and/or Training.
Knowledge, skills and attributes
- Labour law;
- Human Resources systems such HAY Guide Profile Chart, salary structuring and HR information systems;
- Learning and development principles and practice; and
- Payroll software.
Application letter and CV should be addressed to the attention: The Human Resources and Administration Manager, Private Bag X033, and Gaborone, Botswana. Applicants are encouraged to submit their applications electronically to: email@example.com. Alternatively, they can be hand delivered to:- The African Comprehensive HIV/ AIDS Partnerships (ACHAP) Head Office at Block 5, Plot 64511, Unit 1, Fairgrounds, Gaborone, Botswana.
Closing date for applications: 2nd December 2016