Position Level: P3
Duty Station: NEPAD Planning and Coordinating Agency, Midrand, Johannesburg, South Africa
Supervisor: Head, Research & Statistics Cluster
The NEPAD Agency invites applicants who are citizens of African Union Member States for the post of Senior Programme Officer, Data Scientist.
Required Skills and Competencies
- Experience in Data collection, analysis and reporting.
- Excellent project implementation skills and ability to work under minimal supervision
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills.
- Analytical skills and good judgment.
- Systematic and efficient approach to work assignments.
- Maturity and professional ability to handle sensitive information.
- Ability to respect the confidentiality of such information while working with NEPAD Agency.
Educational and Experience
Candidates must have a minimum qualification of a Master of Science Degree in Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics or Data Sciences. Candidates must have eight (8) years of relevant work experience.
Application: To apply, please submit the following:
- A motivation letter stating reasons for seeking employment with the NEPAD Planning and Coordinating Agency.
- A detailed and updated curriculum vitae (CV), not exceeding five (5) pages and indicating your nationality, age and gender.
- Three (3) referees with good knowledge of the candidate’s work, furnishing full contact details, telephone, fax and e-mail addresses.
- Certified copies of national passport, degrees and diplomas.
Indicative basic salary of US$ 39,603,00 per annum plus other entitlements e.g. Post Adjustment (57% of basic salary), Housing allowance ($21,196.80 per annum), gratuity (15% of gross salary) in conformity with the rules and procedures applicable to internationally recruited staff of the African Union.
Applications must be received not later than Monday, 31 October 2016 and should be addressed to:
Head of Human Resources
NEPAD Planning and Coordinating Agency
P O Box 218 Midrand 1685
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Powered by Jobs Botswana