Primary Location :BW-Gaborone-Gaborone
Posting Range :17 Oct 2016 – 25 Oct 2016
Description Job Purpose
- Operational Risk) with analytical solutions/monitoring packs and MI to manage portfolios effectively ensuring process compliance as per policy guidelines.
- Provide support and oversight on submissions done by the MI Analyst team.
- Assess Corporate and Investment Banking and the Retail and Business Banking portfolio profitability, growth and risks on an on-going basis
- Ensure Group reporting deadlines are adhered to at all times.
- Ensure that PD (Probability of Default) and LGD (Loss Given Default) models are understood and input into its development are provided
- Lead impairment forecasting and provide analysis required to make informed decisions
- Liaise, co-ordinate and provide various inputs and responses, as required, on impairments, forecasting, MI and analytics to all stakeholders
- Provide data and analytical support to the Consumer Credit team to establish month end impairments forecasts and understand impairment drivers.
- Provide data and analytical data for required policy changes on the Consumer and Wholesale portfolio.
- Portfolio Management: provide required data to Consumer Credit and Wholesale Credit to inform the business on imminent trends as well provide analytical data on the same.
- Ensure all modelling issues are pro-actively identified and addressed by regularly engaging with relevant stakeholders, and where model inputs appear to be missing or inaccurate, addressing and communicating with stakeholders.
- Service Delivery
- Relationship Management
- Control and Compliance
Experience and Qualifications
- B-degree in in mathematics/statistics/economics/computer science
- 5 years Technical experience
- Knowledge of Banking products.
- Specialist knowledge of SAS, SQL and other statistical programming languages
- Knowledge of Operating Systems (Windows 7 professional or latest version)
- Highly analytical mindset
- MS Office Skills (Preferably Word, Excel & PowerPoint)