- Research various destinations and means of travel regarding prices, customs, weather conditions, reviews etc.
- Diagnose the clients’ specifications and wishes and suggest suitable travel packages or services
- Organize travels from beginning to end, through booking tickets and accommodation, securing rental transportation etc.
- Supply travellers with pertinent information and useful travel/holiday material guides, maps, event programs etc
- Collect deposits and balances
- Use promotional techniques and prepare promotional materials to sell itinerary tour packages
- Handle unforeseen problems and complaints and determine eligibility for money returns
- Attend conferences to maintain familiarity with tourism trends
- Create and update electronic records of clients
- Maintain relationships with key persons
- Keep financial statements and documents
- Reach the revenue and profit targets.
- Proven working experience as a travel consultant
- Excellent knowledge of travelling software computer reservations systems, GDS systems and e-travel
- Proficiency in English knowledge of additional languages is an advantage
- Exemplary sales skills and customer oriented approach
- Well versed in various areas of travel domestic/international, business/holidays, group/individual etc
- Ability to present, persuade and communicate effectively
- Demonstrable ability to handle crises
- Degree in Hospitality, Travel, Tourism, Business or relevant field
- Candidates with personal travel experience will be preferred
- Min of 4 years experience as a travel consultant/agent.