The Kwena Concrete Products invites suitably qualified citizens to apply for the position of SHEQ Executive. This position reports to the Chief Executive Officer
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To provide specialist technical knowledge and advice to all levels of management, and coordinates a wide range of Safety,
Health Environment (SHE) and Quality work systems in the manufacturing and production operations environment.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Set up SHE standards and procedures for the company and when necessary, revise or modify such procedures to improve safety, occupational health and environmental protection and conservation in the work place.
- Set up a SHE register to guide corporate objectives in the maintenance of SHE standards, and to promote a programme of continuous improvement in all aspects of SHE.
- Develop, implement, promote and review regularly a SHE policy that will remain suitable and sufficient to meet the needs of the company and its stakeholders.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the SHE Programme, including training and awareness, identify opportunities and threats and formulate plans to enhance the participation of management in achieving the company’s and corporate Safety and Health goals.
- Investigate all reportable incidents and associated follow up action strategies and implement medium and long term plans to prevent similar occurrences.
- Implement specific environmental applications according to the environmental management program.
- Carry out periodic site inspections to assess risk and to ensure internal controls are in place.
- Establish and promote the maintenance of safe and healthy working conditions and recommend ways to improve on overall safety conditions.
- Maintain SHE emergency response plan and conduct fire and evacuation drills regularly.
- Conduct tool box meetings and facilitate SHE training to educate the workforce on SHE information and education.
- Provide overall supervision and guidance to quality assurance personnel with respect to Laboratory activities.
- Monitor and advise as necessary the quality of bricks, blocks and other concrete products at different production stages.
- Ensure that product mix designs conform to the required product specifications.
- Ensure tests are performed in accordance with KCP standards and available Quality Manual.
- Periodically review KCP Quality Manual to comply with BOBS and other relevant bodies requirements.
Innovative / Proactive
Planning and Organising
Communication and Interpersonal skills
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Diploma/Degree in Occupational Health and Safety, Environmental Science or Equivalent.
At least Five (5) years post graduate experience, two of which have been at the same level or better.
Additional Safety Certificate, First Aid, Lifting Supervisor would be an advantage.
Previous experience in manufacturing and production would be an added advantage.
REMUNERATION AND BENEFITS
The Company offers competitive salary and benefits commensurate with qualifications and experience
Closing date and application instructions
Interested candidates should submit their application packages to:
The Human Resources Executive
Kwena Concrete Products
P O Box 1029
Or hand deliver at:
Kwena Concrete Products offices
Plot 14404, Gaborone West Industrial, Maakgadigau Road
Closing: 25th November 2016