JOB TITLE: Site Monitor (temporary consultancy)
Project: Global Health Supply Chain – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM)
JOB LOCATION: Various Districts, Botswana
REPORTS TO: Track and Trace Project Manager
The Global Health Supply Chain (GHSC) – Procurement and Supply Management (PSM) project in Botswana seeks to build capacity within government to manage distribution of essential medicines and supplies, especially antiretroviral (ARV) drugs, anti-malarial medicines, and anti-tuberculosis (TB) medicines. The US Government is procuring a quantity of a new ARV, dolutegravir (DTG), for distribution throughout Botswana and wants to ensure that these medicines reach the clients who need them. Service delivery points (SDPs) are the facilities from which DTG and other ARVs are dispensed to clients and some SDPs have challenges in reporting in time and in full to the Logistics Management Unit (LMU) at the Ministry of Health and Wellness (MOHW). GHSC-PSM seeks to engage Site Monitors for the purpose of assisting SDP staff in compiling and submitting of data and re-supply orders.
• The Site Monitor will be responsible for collecting and analysing logistical data such as inventory levels and consumption data using the approved reporting and ordering form. Specific responsibilities include:
• Analyse and validate data on the reporting and ordering form from SDPs in their assigned district(s).
• Coordinate closely with Peace Corps Volunteers community level IP staff, and district health logistics officers on dolutegravir (DTG) matters.
• Monitor the inventory levels of ARVs, specifically DTG and other commodities at SDPs during on-site visits and immediately report on any product at risk for being stocked out.
• Calculate the average monthly consumption (AMCs) products to help determine the quantity to be ordered
• Work with SDP to ensure that LMIS reports are completed in full, and submitted on time to the LMU.
• Leveraging the authority of Health Logistics Officers and influence of community-level IP staff build capacity of MoH staff at SDPs on inventory and dispensing reporting and data management.
• Work with the LMU team to produce a comprehensive view of the supply chain.
Skills and Qualifications
• Degree or course work in computer science, supply chain, health management, or related field.
• Experience with data collection and analysis and ability to do arithmetical calculations
• Ability to design or improve data collection and data analysis tools
• Ability to build capacity in others
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively
• Proficiency in English required.
This is a temporary position. GHSC-PSM is seeking individuals based in each of the towns below, with frequent travel within the assigned area, consisting of one or more districts, and to Gaborone.
See table of towns below:
• Selebi Phikwe
Application Instructions: Please send a CV and a brief cover letter in English
.Please submit one application per candidate. Candidates will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Source : Mmegi Classified vol 34,no 111,Friday 04 August 2017