Debswana Diamond Company – Technical Services would like to invite suitably qualified innovative, results oriented and self-driven individuals to apply for the position listed and described below and join a professional team driven by service excellence, where the demands of the business are met by encouraging team work and addressing the needs of the individual.
SOCIAL PERFORMANCE MANAGER – PROJECTS
Ref: DCC 0000255
Tenable at Debswana Corporate Centre
The Social Performance Projects role will provide strategic input and assurance to ensure that social performance is incorporated into all project (concept to operational) and technical services work. The role drives compliance with internal and external standards through effective reviews and monitoring of timing and scheduling requirements.
- Degree in Social Sciences
- 7 years working experience, 3 of which involved in Social Performance Community Relations Appropriate middle management, financial and technical courses and development programmes
- PRE APPOINTMENT TRAINING: Risk assessment, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Develops and manages OPEX and CAPEX funds provided for social performance programmes in line with approved plans.
- Develops Group Projects social performance standard, specifications, guidelines and procedures to ensure standardised ways of work and the effective implementation of all the requirements of the Social Way Standard.
- Develops the TSSD Social Performance Strategy and Programmes through effective engagement and forming collaborative relationships with peers.
- Develops project documentation required for completion at all relevant project stage gates
- Proactively advises the TSSD Heads of Department on how to identify and engage with affected, potentially affected and interested stakeholders.
- Proactively advises the TSSD Heads of Department on how to manage adverse social risks and impacts to the Business (operations and project specific) including resettlement, livelihood restoration and cultural heritage and contractor management.
- Provides technical guidance to Group Projects to ensure that local community companies contribute to both a resilient supply chain and the economic and social development of local communities, including the identification and implementation of legacy projects to support the realisation of the operational closure end state and Social Economic Development Plans.
- Coordinates the reporting, investigation and notification of Group Project Social incidents and grievances in alignment with Social performance incident management framework.
- Identifies, prepares for and have the capability to respond appropriately to emergency and crisis situations that have the potential to impact associated communities arising out of Group Projects.
- Evaluates, analyses, plans and coordinates the implementation of interventions to address strategic and emerging social performance issues and opportunities through utilization of innovation and new technologies.
- Provides assurance and manages performance against plans, reports on performance indicators to internal stakeholders, Governance Forums and consolidates the TSSD SP performance for external stakeholders.
- Implements talent management initiatives by ensuring the right competence and effectiveness of social performance practitioners through identifying development needs and training/mentoring opportunities.
- Liaises and aligns with internal and external stakeholders to ensure consistency in delivery to the business on Social performance Programmes.
Only candidates who meet the above requirements need apply by visiting us on http://www.debswana.com/careers to register and apply.
Closing Date: 2nd December 2016.