An opportunity is available for a suitably qualified and experienced Softs Decor Procurement Manager based in Maun, Botswana.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills Required:
- Degree/Diploma in Design or other artistic studies.
- Tertiary education in lodge/ hotel management will be an added advantage
- A minimum of 10 years work experience within the safari industry
- Proven working experience within the sales and procurement, preferably within the home furnishing and accessories.
- Proven record of outstanding staff relations.
- Negotiating skills
- Outstanding communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Creativity skills
- Time Management skills
- Leadership skills
Purpose of the Job:
- This role of the soft and décor procurement manager is to maintain the aesthetic appearance of all the camps and making sure that there is compliance with the company minimum standards.
- They will report directly to the Service Manager.
Brief Description of Position:
- Align Lodge interior and décor standards to international market needs and trends.
- Ensure compliance with the Company minimum standards set via regular camp visits.
- Build up and manage relationships with local and international suppliers.
- Purchase of all softs and décor items for the business and ensuring they are aesthetically pleasing.
- Providing regular purchase reports and inventories to the Asset department as well as the Operation teams
- Stock control by maintaining a comprehensive inventory per camp for all purchases.
- Assets care and maintenance.
- Mentor and coach Soft and Décor Procurement Assistants.