An opportunity is available for a suitably qualified and experienced System Administrator based in Maun, Botswana.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills Required:
- Degree in Computer Management and Information Systems
- A minimum of 10 years work experience related to IT
- Advanced Project Management Certificate
- Microsoft Certified Professional
- Microsoft Certified Solution Associate
- Certificate in SQL DB Administration
- Knowledge of the VIP payroll system administration.
- Familiar with the PABX system.
- Competent on network design and implementation.
- Knowledgeable in setting up and managing VSAT’s.
- Ability to manage financial budgets and to meet set targets.
This role of the System Administrator is to ensure system availability for Wilderness Safaris Business and acts as a strategic link between ICT suppliers and ISP’s. They should ensure that Service Providers adheres to the Service Level Agreements. The individual will report directly to the Regional Finance Officer and Group Support Manager.
Brief Description of Position:
- Act as the strategic link between ICT suppliers, service providers and Wilderness Safaris Botswana
- Manage and recommend IT resource upgrades with in Wilderness Safaris Botswana
- Review, develop and implement an ICT strategy and development program for Wilderness Safaris Botswana.
- Managing and maintain relationship with service providers
- Develop and implement an information strategy to ensure the timely provision of quality management information
- Develop ICT systems specifications and work with ICT suppliers to procure systems
- Ensuring VSAT are up and running 24/7 in the various camps
- Setting up and managing servers, routers, switch, PABX and VSATs
- Ensuring that suppliers, ISPs and project delivery meets the quality standards and timescales agreed
- Responsible for the establishment and ongoing management of ICT improvement projects as and when assigned by the Wilderness Group IT Manager.