Republic of Botswana
MINISTRY OF LAND MANAGEMENT, WATER AND SANITATION SERVICES
8th March 2017
Applicants are invited from suitably qualified Botswana Citizens for the below mentioned positions in KGATLENG LAND BOARD.
VACANCY CIRCULAR NO: 1 of 2017
SYSTEMS ANALYST II/I – C2/1 X 1 POST
SALARY: C1 (P134 484– P160 704 per annum)
C2 (P108 468 – P129 660 per annum)
LEAVE: 30 working days per annum.
• Optional contributory Medical aid scheme (Government pays 50 % and employee pays 50%)
• Contributory Pension Scheme (Government pays 15 % and employee pays 5 %)
QUALIFICATIONS: Degree in Computer Engineering /Computer Science/Networks or
related field from reputable institutions of learning.
EXPERIENCE: At least 2 years relevant work experience as System Analyst for those applying for Systems Analyst II, C2 and at least 4 years’ experience for those applying for Systems Analyst I, C1 in the public service or equivalent level in the private sector.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To implement and coordinate Land Board IT Projects and Programmes.
• Coordinates new System development to ensure optimum resource utilization, consistency and integration with existing systems
• Develops user manuals to guide system users
• Analyses and produces Statement of User Requirements (SOUR) and submits to the supervisor for quality assurance and approval.
• Undertakes feasibility study of new systems covering; costs, time, and compatibility with hardware, software and network systems topology and available vendor offerings to establish optimum computer and network architecture solutions
• Carries out research on system requirements and documents findings for recommendation to management
• Develops micro systems to bridge performance gaps on Land Board departments.
• Manages, supervises and appraises subordinates to ensure that divisional objectives are met.
• Analysis gathered information to evaluate effectiveness of controls and determine accuracy of reports, efficiency and security of operations.
• Assists in post-implementation reviews to enhance performance and provide increased functionality.
• Undertakes any other related duties as assigned by management
Applicants should quote the vacancy circular number giving the following details;
a. Full names, addresses and date of birth
b. Qualifications supported by certified copies of certificates, Omang and 3 recent references. Certified copies should not exceed 6 months.
c. Detailed summary of career with duties (C.V)
d. Your application should entail:
i. Date of first appointment
ii. Present post and date of appointment thereto
iii. Present salary scale
All applications must be routed through the Heads of Departments. Applications not so routed will not be considered.
RESPONSE WILL BE ACCORDED TO SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES ONLY.
Applications should be addressed to:
Land Board Secretary
Kgatleng Land Board
Private Bag 004
Hand deliver to:
Kgatleng Land Board
Closing date: 22 March 2017.
For further information please contact the Human Resources Unit