Closing date: 04 Nov 2016
Chemonics seeks an outsourcing project advisor for the USAID Global Health Supply Chain – Procurement and Supply Management Program in Botswana. The program works to ensure uninterrupted supplies of health commodities in support of U.S. government-funded public health initiatives around the world. It provides direct procurement and supply chain management support to the President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief, the President's Malaria Initiative, and Population and Reproductive Health Initiative. The program will develop and manage a wide array of services for health commodity procurement and related systems strengthening within a comprehensive supply chain. This position is based in Gaborone and has an anticipated tenure of one year. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Collaborate with the Ministry of Health, Central Medical Stores, and the Public Enterprises Evaluation and Privatization Agency to establish a new contract for outsourced warehousing and distribution operations, complying with the scope as agreed upon by all stakeholders and documented in the Project Charter
- Build and maintain strong working relations with the Ministry of Health management and other key partners by providing strategic advice and assistance during tender preparation and pre-contract award
- Provide technical assistance to the Transition Team during the post-contract period, including guidance to resolve startup supply chain issues; advice to establish procedures for contract management such as technical, administrative, and financial components; and reporting on project risks
- Masters' degree in public administration, business, supply chain management, health administration, law, or a related field
- Minimum 10 years of work experience in procurement and contract management with country systems legal frameworks in a diverse range of international countries
- Minimum five years of work experience managing high value projects including budget oversight
- Management and supervisory experience
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Experience working on a USAID or other donor project preferred
- Ability to contribute to capacity building efforts and work with colleagues in diverse cultures
- Excellent writing and communication skills in English required
How to apply:
Send CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 4, 2016. Please include “Outsourcing project director” in the subject line. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
In addition, please download and complete Chemonics’ equal employment opportunity self-identification form and submit it separately to EEOselfidentify@chemonics.com with only "Outsourcing project director” in the subject line. If you prefer not to disclose your sex, race, or ethnicity, you may check “I do not wish to complete the information requested.” Thank you for completing the form and supporting our equal employment opportunity reporting requirements.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics.
Closing date: 31 Aug 2016
Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor, HTC needed to provide technical leadership and strategic direction for monitoring and evaluation (M&E) activities for anticipated Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) project focusing on increasing access to and utilization of high quality, integrated, confidential, voluntary client- (VCT) and provider-initiated (PITC) HIV testing and counseling (HTC). This includes providing technical leadership to develop project framework, plans and indicators to capture project performance results and provide effective, accurate and timely monitoring, evaluation and reporting of all project activities. The M&E Advisor, HTC will work closely with the M&E team to design, implement and supervise regional M&E activities, ensuring that lessons learned are integrated into project implementation to continuously improve quality of interventions and outcomes. The M&E Advisor, HTC is also responsible for documenting and disseminating project successes and challenges to CDC. The project will operate over a five-year period. This position is contingent upon award from CDC. Botswana nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Develop and oversee the implementation of the Performance Monitoring Plan (PMP) to capture project performance and results, including routine service delivery data reporting, baseline and endline assessments, and all monitoring for process and outcome evaluations
- Develop and oversee data flow pattern for HIV testing and counseling project that will ensure timely data collection and reporting
- Lead results reporting to CDC through in country management by providing written documentation on M&E activities and indicator results for progress and annual reports, as appropriate.
- Provide leadership and direction on HTC M&E to ensure the technical and financial integrity to achieve program goal and corresponding objectives and targets
- Ensure high-quality implementation, consistent with Botswana national health guidelines, protocols, information and reporting systems
- Lead efforts to monitor and evaluate project interventions, document results and provide feedback to stakeholders to guide decision-makin
- Lead efforts to utilize training monitoring systems to track and monitor trainers and participants at training events to facilitate follow-up and recordkeeping.
- Utilize the training data collected to inform strategic decision-making and project planning
- Conduct targeted evaluations and operations research, including design, data collection, management and analysis
- Ensure quality of data through data verification procedures, including routine data quality audits
- Cultivate strategic M&E relationships and alliances with other CDC projects and represent M&E activities in public and professional circles through meetings, conferences, and presentations
- Ensure relevant data is entered into JADE, Jhpiego’s organization-wide performance management system designed to capture, analyze, and disseminate project data
- Promote and support the dissemination of project information among the project team
- Ensure that resources for project implementation are available
- Work with project and financial staff to prepare and track progress of project and activity budgets
- Supervise M&E professionals, depending on staff numbers necessary to implement M&E under the potential program.
- Coordinate all M&E capacity-building activities with project staff, implementing partners and facility staff
Advanced degree in public health, demography, statistics, social sciences or related field or equivalent experienc •6+ years of work experience in monitoring and evaluating large, multi-year international health sector development programs (approximately $ 3M per year) •Proven expertise in quantitative and qualitative methodologies, operations research, health management information systems, reporting, data quality assessments, data analysis and presentation •Demonstrated expertise working in a leadership capacity with international donors, senior government officials and policymakers •Demonstrated strong management, coordination, teamwork and planning skills with proven ability to function effectively with multiple host-country counterparts in both the public and NGO sectors •M&E experience in HIV/AIDS prevention, care and treatment •Familiarity with PEPFAR 90-90-90 •Familiarity with Botswana health management information system and other national M&E systems •Experience and understanding of the CDC’s HIV prevention, care and treatment framework and reporting system •Excellent writing and communications skills, including demonstrated technical writing skills for publication •Ability to work effectively with diverse international teams •Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and intense pressure to perform •Strong technical skills, including ability to process and analyze data using one or more statistical software packages, including at least one of the following: SPSS, Epi-Info, Stata, MS Access •Proficiency in word processing and Microsoft Office •Fluent in written and spoken English •Excellent facilitation, oral and written communications skills •Ability to travel nationally and internationally
How to apply:
Closing date: 31 Aug 2016
HIV Testing and Counseling Advisor needed to provide technical leadership for anticipated Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) project focusing on increasing access to and utilization of high quality, integrated, confidential, voluntary client- (VCT) and provider-initiated (PITC) HIV testing and counseling (HTC). The Advisor will oversee the scale-up of HIV testing and counseling services and coordinate sustained demand creation activities. The Advisor will work closely with district teams to ensure that approaches are effectively implemented. The Advisor will contribute to the drafting of annual work plans, building team capacity, and monitoring and evaluation team performance. The project will operate over a five-year period. This position is contingent upon award from CDC. Botswana nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
Provide technical oversight, strategic direction and ensure appropriate support for the implementation of project activities in HTC project to achieve project goals, objectives and target.
Contribute technical leadership to the development of HTC activities for the project strategic plan, work plan, and project monitoring, in close collaboration with the Ministry of Health, CDC and other stakeholders
Identify appropriate facility- and community-based strategies at district health management level to address HTC service delivery systems bottlenecks that act as an impediment to effective service delivery
Refine evidence-based training materials, job aids, and curricula, supervisory systems and other training materials needed for implementation of HTC to meet the needs of the project
Identify HTC training needs and assist in the design and implementation of measures to address those needs
Provide mentoring and capacity building at the district health management level in HTC
Ensure timely implementation of all project inputs related to HTC, including planning and implementing assessments, site strengthening, follow-up and supervision, advocacy, demand creation, policy support, capacity-building and M&E across project sites, in close coordination and collaboration with CDC and Ministry of Health
Lead the formulation of approaches for scale up of HTC
Actively participate in all Technical Advisory Group Meetings for HTC, and represent Jhpiego in professional forums by participating and presenting in pertinent meetings and conferences, as well as technical working groups
Guide Ministry of Health, professional associations, other national stakeholders in the revision/development of evidenced-based standards for competency in HTC
Mobilize international level clinical/technical expertise to resolve clinical issues that shape or effect local public policy or project design
Collaborate with all local stakeholders and implementing partners, especially the Ministry of Health and other US and international implementing partners, in order to ensure that all activities conform to the requirements and regulations
Conduct regular reporting to the Project Director, and project and technical staff, of successes, challenges and lessons learned in implementation related to areas of technical expertise
Author and co-author abstracts and presentations for journals and conference
Assist in the preparation of donor reports and project reports
Work with finance and project staff to develop and track project budgets
Work with Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) staff to develop M&E frameworks and effectively track data/results
Contribute in the oversight of data collection, analysis and development of conclusions and recommendations to further strengthen project implementation
Coordinate and monitor the efficiency and effectiveness of the work of short-term consultants as required
Work closely with Jhpiego headquarter office staff to ensure effective, timely and coordinated project implementation
Ensure compliance with CDC operational policies and regulations
Required Qualifications: Advanced degree in public health, health administration, international health or a related field; MD preferred.
- 8+ years' experience in design and implementation in donor funded health sector development projects (over $ 3M per year) that have implemented successful activities in HIV prevention, care and treatment, preferably in Southern Africa
- Experience working closely with national HIV/AIDS control programs and regional/district health authorities
- Experience training health workers on aspects related to HTC
- Understanding of the Botswana social and political context, and developments in the health sector
- Excellent diplomacy skills and a proven ability to establish and sustain interpersonal and professional relationships with CDC missions, host-country counterparts and representatives from other key stakeholders such as NGOs, PVOs, the private sector and other donors.
- In-depth knowledge of CDC projects, regulations, compliance and reporting
- Demonstrated outstanding leadership, strategic thinking, organizational, team-building and representational skills.
- Training or clinical background in HIV prevention, care and treatment, TB, and health systems strengthening
- Expertise in research to practice—identifying best practices and adapting them to project realities
- Previous experience working in Botswana, with intimate understanding of local health system and health systems strengthening, HIV care and treatment gaps and opportunities, and solid relationships at government agencies
- Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and intense pressure to perform
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Ability to travel nationally and internationally
How to apply: