Organization: Project Concern International
Closing date: 31 Oct 2016
Please Note: This is a key personnel position and is therefore contingent upon donor approval.
Project Concern International (PCI) is a non-profit, international development organization with the mission of empowering people to enhance health, end hunger and overcome hardship. Founded in 1961 and headquartered in the United States, PCI has worked in Botswana since 2007.
PCI seeks a Monitoring and Evaluation Manager for an upcoming project that will provide orphans and vulnerable children (OVC) and their care givers with relevant health, education, economic and social services. It will address weaknesses in linkages and referrals between relevant HIV clinical services (HTC, PMTCT, ART, VMMC and ASRH) and OVC programs, identify pediatric patients who have defaulted from treatment and link them to health facilities and provide the necessary care and support to retain them in care.
The Monitoring and Evaluation Manager will be responsible for designing and implementing systems to ensure appropriate tracking and assessment of all project activities. S/he will have primary responsibility of reporting on project outputs and outcomes and for ensuring quality of interventions.
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- Master’s degree or higher in monitoring and evaluation, public health, epidemiology, statistics or related field;
At least 7 years of experience in monitoring and evaluation of OVC projects or similar projects;
Demonstrated experience in developing and managing data collection systems; Understanding of data management and basic principles of database design and analysis
Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite, including knowledge of common statistical software packages, health information technologies and software applications, relational database systems and web technologies
Excellent written and verbal communications skills
Ability to develop and implement quality assurance systems;
Familiarity with research and scientific data collection methods
Skilled at building strong relationships and building/working with teams; Proven capacity in supervising others as a coach/mentor
Familiarity with Government National OVC and HIV care and support policies and plans;
Fluency in English;
Experience working with USAID and/or other US Government funding agencies;
Experience working in Southern Africa required; strong preference for Botswana experience.
NOTE: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please do not submit your application by mail or email. Only candidates who submit their application online will be considered. Job Location Gaborone, , Botswana
How to apply:
Closing date: 31 Aug 2016
Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor, HTC needed to provide technical leadership and strategic direction for monitoring and evaluation (M&E) activities for anticipated Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) project focusing on increasing access to and utilization of high quality, integrated, confidential, voluntary client- (VCT) and provider-initiated (PITC) HIV testing and counseling (HTC). This includes providing technical leadership to develop project framework, plans and indicators to capture project performance results and provide effective, accurate and timely monitoring, evaluation and reporting of all project activities. The M&E Advisor, HTC will work closely with the M&E team to design, implement and supervise regional M&E activities, ensuring that lessons learned are integrated into project implementation to continuously improve quality of interventions and outcomes. The M&E Advisor, HTC is also responsible for documenting and disseminating project successes and challenges to CDC. The project will operate over a five-year period. This position is contingent upon award from CDC. Botswana nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Develop and oversee the implementation of the Performance Monitoring Plan (PMP) to capture project performance and results, including routine service delivery data reporting, baseline and endline assessments, and all monitoring for process and outcome evaluations
- Develop and oversee data flow pattern for HIV testing and counseling project that will ensure timely data collection and reporting
- Lead results reporting to CDC through in country management by providing written documentation on M&E activities and indicator results for progress and annual reports, as appropriate.
- Provide leadership and direction on HTC M&E to ensure the technical and financial integrity to achieve program goal and corresponding objectives and targets
- Ensure high-quality implementation, consistent with Botswana national health guidelines, protocols, information and reporting systems
- Lead efforts to monitor and evaluate project interventions, document results and provide feedback to stakeholders to guide decision-makin
- Lead efforts to utilize training monitoring systems to track and monitor trainers and participants at training events to facilitate follow-up and recordkeeping.
- Utilize the training data collected to inform strategic decision-making and project planning
- Conduct targeted evaluations and operations research, including design, data collection, management and analysis
- Ensure quality of data through data verification procedures, including routine data quality audits
- Cultivate strategic M&E relationships and alliances with other CDC projects and represent M&E activities in public and professional circles through meetings, conferences, and presentations
- Ensure relevant data is entered into JADE, Jhpiego’s organization-wide performance management system designed to capture, analyze, and disseminate project data
- Promote and support the dissemination of project information among the project team
- Ensure that resources for project implementation are available
- Work with project and financial staff to prepare and track progress of project and activity budgets
- Supervise M&E professionals, depending on staff numbers necessary to implement M&E under the potential program.
- Coordinate all M&E capacity-building activities with project staff, implementing partners and facility staff
Advanced degree in public health, demography, statistics, social sciences or related field or equivalent experienc •6+ years of work experience in monitoring and evaluating large, multi-year international health sector development programs (approximately $ 3M per year) •Proven expertise in quantitative and qualitative methodologies, operations research, health management information systems, reporting, data quality assessments, data analysis and presentation •Demonstrated expertise working in a leadership capacity with international donors, senior government officials and policymakers •Demonstrated strong management, coordination, teamwork and planning skills with proven ability to function effectively with multiple host-country counterparts in both the public and NGO sectors •M&E experience in HIV/AIDS prevention, care and treatment •Familiarity with PEPFAR 90-90-90 •Familiarity with Botswana health management information system and other national M&E systems •Experience and understanding of the CDC’s HIV prevention, care and treatment framework and reporting system •Excellent writing and communications skills, including demonstrated technical writing skills for publication •Ability to work effectively with diverse international teams •Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and intense pressure to perform •Strong technical skills, including ability to process and analyze data using one or more statistical software packages, including at least one of the following: SPSS, Epi-Info, Stata, MS Access •Proficiency in word processing and Microsoft Office •Fluent in written and spoken English •Excellent facilitation, oral and written communications skills •Ability to travel nationally and internationally
How to apply: