Closing date: 31 Mar 2017
Chemonics seeks a finance and administration manager for the USAID Global Health Supply Chain Program: Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) in Botswana. The program is the primary vehicle through which USAID: 1) procures and provides health commodities; 2) provides technical assistance to improve partner countries' management of the supply chain; and 3) collaborates with key international stakeholders to support global health initiatives. Local Batswana citizens are encouraged to apply. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Manage the program's finances, including preparation and submission of wire transfer requests, processing payments and reconciliations for vendors, and processing payroll and staff expense reports
- Enter expenses into the accounting system and provide supporting documentation
- Prepare and maintain all project financial reporting for the government of Botswana authorities, ensuring all transactions and program activities adhere to the government regulations of USAID and Botswana
- Assist with procurements, including drafting and releasing tenders, evaluating and selecting vendors, and maintaining all relevant documentation in the project files
- Manage project inventory, including maintaining trackers, ensuring all property is appropriately labeled, conducting quarterly inventory checks, and preparing documentation for property disposition
- Ensure compliance with U.S. government regulations, Chemonics' corporate policies, laws of Botswana, and any supplemental policies developed specifically for the program
- Bachelor's degree in accounting and/or finance preferred, but not required
- International project management experience, including managing field-office finance systems preferred
- Experience working on USAID or donor-funded programs required
- Experience in bookkeeping and accounting required
- Excellent organizational and multitasking skills required
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Proficiency in English required
How to apply:
Please submit an electronic version of your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 31, 2017. Please include "Finance and Administration Manager" in the subject line. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
BGCSE, fluent in Setswana and English, computer literate, a certificate in marketing or any Business related field, experience of any financial background will be an added advantage.
The Program Director
Women Finance House Botswana
Private Bag 124
or hand deliver to plot number 1043 extension 2 Gaborone opposite Benthema Primary School, email to email@example.com.
For more information please contact: 3956500
Kwena Concrete Products invites suitably qualified citizens to apply for the position of Head of Finance and Administration.
This position reports to Chief Executive Officer.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The incumbent will be responsible for managing, directing, coordinating and supervising all aspects of the Company’s financial reporting, accounting, materials procurement, budgeting, forecasting, cash management & treasury, including the accounting and reporting of investments, related returns and achieving the agreed financial targets. The incumbent will also manage the Administration section and will ensure adherence to established accounting practices, relevant legislation, policies and standards set by the Company.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Corporate Governance
- Adherence to Statutory requirements
- Adherence to Professional accounting practices and Standards
- Financial engineering and sourcing
- Strategy formulation and implementation
- Financial and Management Accounting
- Cash management and investments
- Administration of Company operations
- Supply chain, procurement & inbound logistics management
- Systems development and implementation.
- Problem solving and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage change
- Numerical and Analytical Skills
- Leadership competence
- Computer systems competence
- Knowledge of the relevant Legislation
- Team player and results oriented
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- A minimum of a relevant degree in Finance and Accounting from a recognised university plus a professional qualification, e.g. Chartered Accountant (CA), Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) or Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA);
- A minimum of eight (8) years’ experience in the relevant financial field, of which six (6) years are post qualification experience. Three (3) years of the above experience must have been at a senior managerial position;
- Experience from manufacturing and/or production environment preferred.
REMUNERATION AND BENEFITS
The Company offers competitive salary and benefits commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Prospective candidates meeting the above requirements should forward their applications, CV’s and certified copies of certificates, Omang and references to:
The Chief Executive Officer
Kwena Concrete Products (Pty) Ltd
PO Box 1029
Or alternatively hand-deliver their applications to
KCP Offi ces at Maakgadigau Rd
Closing Date: 24th June 2016
NB: The Company will enter into correspondence with shortlisted Candidates only.