Karowe invites suitably qualified candidates to apply for the following position:
Chief Sorter tenable in Letlhakane ( REF: KDM 017)
Reporting to the Process Engineer, the Chief Sorter will be responsible for maintaining his area of responsibility according to set standard operating procedures with a view of minimizing diamond breakdowns. The position will also be responsible for equipment maintenance in the sorthouse, and carrying out parcelling and shipping in line with best practice principles.
- Implementation of standards and procedures in the sorthouse.
- Ensuring data accuracy through completing and maintaining logs.
- Carrying out periodic sorthouse inspections to assess risk and ensure internal controls are in place.
- Supervision and training of diamond sorters
- Business improvement.
- Planning, budgeting and cost control
- Safety, Health and environmental compliance.
- Planning and organising skills
- Analytical skills
- Change agent
Qualifications and Experience:
- BGCSE certificate or Diploma in a related field or equivalent qualification
- Ten (10) years relevant experience in a sorting environment. Two of which should have been in a similar position.
- Knowledge and experience in plant recovery will be an added advantage
Boteti Mining (Pty.) Ltd. operates the Karowe Diamond Mine in Letlhakane in the Boteti sub district. The plant was commissioned in April 2012 and has gone on to achieve exceptional performance. It is the source of some truly special diamonds. The plant completed major upgrades that include introduction of X-Ray Transmission (XRT) technology in diamond recovery. This is adding to the already existing innovative application of autogenous milling in diamond processing. The Company is embarking on exploration with a view of developing more mining projects.
Only candidates who meet the above requirements need apply enclosing detailed curriculum vitae and certified copies of certificates, clearly indicating the position applied for as well as the reference number on the email subject line firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications is June 24, 2016. Only short listed candidates will be responded to.