The Group is committed to creating places of healing for their communities, focused on attracting the best expertise and dedicated to building a steadfast, devoted team.
The Operating Theatre Nurse provides pre-operative care to patients, communicates pertinent information to the surgical team and participates collaboratively in patient care planning. Ensures that quality surgical care is provided in an efficient safe and cost effective consistence with the hospital standard. The theatre nurse is expected to demonstrate quality and accountability in work habits and clinical practice and treats internal and external customers with consideration and respect.
Key Work Output and Accountabilities
- Receiving of patients in pre operative area and document the pre anaesthetic assessment
- Liaising with doctors on scheduled theatre list flow
- Adequately prepare for both elective and emergency surgical procedures
- Able to scrub, circulate and assist as anaesthetist assistant during surgery
- Attend to needs as they arise in the assigned areas
- Checking of equipment prior to use and to ensure that they are in optimal function
- Maintain aseptic technique throughout surgical procedures
- Prevents medico legal hazards in the operating suite
- Accounts for the medical consumables utilised during surgery
- Ensuring safe recovery of patients after surgery in the post anaesthetic care unit
- Adheres to prevention of infections in Operating Theatre
- Graduated from an approved Diploma or Baccalaureate Nursing Program
- Post basic Operating Theatre Techniques Certificate, Diploma or Degree
- Minimum of 5 years working experience in an Operating Theatre
- Valid Nursing Practicing Licence
- Good communication skills
- Good presentation skills
- Customer Service Oriented
- Good infection Control
Closing date and application instructions
Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org if you think you have the qualities
and skills to fill this position.
Closing Date for Applications: 29th September 2016
Lenmed is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Company’s approved Employment Equity plan and targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process aligned to the Group’s Employment Equity strategy. Lenmed actively supports the recruitment of people with disabilities. In the event of any physical or psychological limitation that may impair an individual’s ability to perform the job function, the employee must consult the employer for reasonable accommodation.
Should you not receive a response within three weeks after closing date, kindly consider your application unsuccessful.