Who we are
Zurich is one of the world’s leading insurance groups, and one of the few to operate on a global basis. Our mission is to help our customers understand and protect themselves from risk. With about 60,000 employees serving customers in more than 170 countries, we aspire to become the best global insurer as measured by our shareholders, customers and employees. We help individuals, small and medium sized companies and global corporations around the world understand and protect themselves from risk by offering a wide range of insurance products, solutions and advisory services.
The role of the Zurich underwriter is to analyse and underwrite new and existing policies effectively within delegated authority limits to achieve agreed levels of underwriting performance by providing technical underwriting support and assistance. To provide high quality service and solutions to brokers and customers to ensure business retention and growth. To provide effective qualitative underwriting and to demonstrate specialized product knowledge.
Key Tasks & Accountabilities
- Achieve targeted underwriting profit by assistance and performance of underwriting skills
- Growth and retention of business
- Provide qualitative service levels to internal and external stake holders
Your Skills and Experience
- Grade 12
- Minimum of 3 years commercial underwriting experience
- FAIS compliant
- Sound understanding and knowledge of South African Insurance/re-insurance market
- Sound knowledge of how to optimise underwriting performance at a policy and portfolio level
- Sound knowledge of statutory and legislative requirements
- Expert technical knowledge and understanding of underwriting principles
- Commercial, Financial and business acumen
- Knowledge of relevant IT systems
- Specialised product knowledge
- Good relationship building skills
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Strong Numeracy skills
- Strong underwriting skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Sound interpersonal skills
- Computer literacy : sound Excel skills preferable
- Analysis and problem solving
- Concern for Excellence
- Customer Service Orientation
- Engagement: Impact/presence/rapport
- Drive and productivity
- Resilience/ stress management
- Team Work
- This role is based at our office in Gaborone, Botswana
- Your application will only be considered should you meet the minimum requirements of the vacancy.
- If you have not received a response within 14 days from the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
- The company reserves the right not to fill this position.
- If you are looking for an opportunity to grow and develop and truly be part of a global family, please click on the “Apply online” button and complete your personal profile.
- Kindly review your application from time to time to monitor the status of your application