Reporting to the Trust Manager
Duty Station: Kachikau Village, Chobe Enclave Kasane, Botswana.
African Bush Camps Foundation seeks qualified and experienced individual to uptake the Projects Officer responsible for implementing project activities under the African Bush Camps Foundation Botswana.
The Projects Officer will be responsible for initiating and implementing comprehensive sustainable community projects within the ABCF project framework. These projects will be need- driven and capable of improving household food security and sovereignty status of communities whilst reducing famine and alleviating poverty. The Projects Officer will be responsible for developing realistic work-plans, backstopping project implementation and ensuring that reporting requirements are executed as per the agreed targets. The Projects Officer will seek to establish, operationalize and coordinate all project activities and components, that enhance community resilience, address food security, crop/livestock improvement, capacity building, appropriate technology development, dissemination and scaling up as well and conservation efforts. This will be achieved through the creation of a platform where resilience is prioritized.
S/he will assist in ensuring that interventions set, will result in women and men, including the youth earning more income, and making sure that community fabric and safety nets are improved because of effective Income Generating Projects. The Projects Officer will produce field based reports; project based publications and photos documentation.
The Candidate will be guided by activities outlined in the ABCF Project Work plan
- Assist Trust Manager in developing and implementing project strategies, objectives, goals, and annual work plans.
- Capacitating local authorities to better plan and coordinate the implementation of multi-stakeholder district and ward resilience plans (resilience planning combines including wildlife conservation and strategic development plans).
- Support communities to diversify food production and income earning opportunities through a basket of options.
- Supporting communities to reinforce community based safety nets such as ISALs. Promote inclusiveness among all stakeholders.
- Establish effective coordination mechanisms across government agencies, international community and civil society at the district levels;
- Provide regular reports to the Trust Manager regarding progress on project activities; Facilitating planning meetings with stakeholders and beneficiaries and sharing project information with relevant local authorities;
- Conduct regular monitoring of project implementation and report on challenges for timely action;
- Receive donations from guests on behalf of the schools, communities, and projects.
- Prepare letters of appreciation for all donations and gifts received by students or school’s (within 7 days).
- Communicate any changes or updates in the developments in the areas of operation and particularly in the schools.
- Identify and suggest potential target groups and projects that fulfil the foundations criteria for support, especially those vulnerable and needy within the community.
- Represent the ABC Foundation in any other capacity you may be called from time to time.
- Carry out any other tasks as requested by the immediate supervisor.
Knowledge, experience & skills required.
- University degree or Diploma in Social Work, Development Studies, Community Work, or any other Social Sciences related qualification.
- At least 2years experience of progressively responsible professional experience, development projects, fundraising, public relations, brand marketing, and/or operational aspects of district and national conservation and wildlife management.
- Knowledge and experience in eco-tourism will give an added advantage.
- Experience in delivering technical assistance, hands-on experience in designing and delivering development or humanitarian work.
- Experience in survey methodologies and data analysis.
- Knowledge of sound research methods and monitoring and evaluation standards, Understanding of donor policies, strategies, and programme priorities.
- Advanced computer skills with at least intermediate proficiency in windows based word processing, spreadsheets and development related software.
- Ability to speak Setswana or one of the local languages is a must.
Application process and Deadline.
The deadline for the submission of a formal application is the 15th of March 2017. Email a detailed resume(3 pages max) and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, copying in email@example.com.