SALARY SCALE: D1 (P274, 464 – P303, 012) PER MONTH
VACANCY CIRCULAR NO. 04 OF 2017
The above vacancy exists in the Ministry of Youth Empowerment, Sport and Culture Development under Corporate Services. A talented, proactive, self-driven and visionary candidate is therefore sought to fill the above mentioned position in the Ministry.
Leave: 30 working days per annum.
a) Optional Contributory Medical Aid Scheme. (Government pays 50%, Employee pays 50%).
b) Contributory Pension Fund (Government pays 15% employee pays 5%).
Qualifications: Degree in Estate Management or Property Management or Facilities Management.
Applicants should have ten (10) years proven post qualification experience in Estate/Property Management/Facilities Management.
• Functional/Technical Skills
• Decision quality
• Managing Vision and Purpose
• Integrity and Trust
• Communicating Effectively
• Command Skills
• Conflict Management
• Priority Setting
• Creativity and Innovation
• Timely Decision Making
Purpose of the Job:
To manage and coordinate projects for the maintenance of all buildings in the Ministry.
Key performance areas:
• Advice Senior Management on other areas to consider for outsourcing and leads their implementation.
• Maintain relationships with all Departments to keep abreast of their services needs and to be able to anticipate problems before they become crisis situations.
• Sensitize other staff members on the approved practices and procedures of proper building maintenance and in the implementation and observance of all approved safety procedures to ensure compliance with existing safety regulations.
• Plans and manages the maintenance programme for the Ministry facilities.
• Develop and review facilities management regulations, procedures and requirements.
• Undertake and document a termly risk assessment of all the buildings and other health and safety checks as directed by the Health and Safety Regulations.
• Monitor implementation of facility management, regulations, procedures and requirements.
• Plan and administer the maintenance schedule for buildings within the Ministry.
• Monitor adherence to government regulations and environmental health and safety standards in relation to facilities.
• Administer and monitor service contracts in collaboration with Contract Management Office to ensure work is properly performed and processing claims for payment is done.
• Supervise work of contractors in connection with the maintenance and improvement of buildings and buildings facilities.
• Conduct periodic inspections of buildings and evaluate the complexity of any needed repairs to determine best solution and job cost.
• Oversee the implementation of approved procedures the ongoing efficient operation of assigned buildings.
• Prepare reports on the operational effectiveness of the facilities.
• Prepare budget for the maintenance of all the buildings.
• Initiate and manage procurement of any buildings maintenance needs by the Ministry.
All applications from serving public officers should be routed through their Heads of Departments and Permanent Secretaries. Applications not so routed will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.
Applications should be addressed to:
The Permanent Secretary
Ministry of Youth Empowerment, Sport and Culture Development
Private Bag 00514
OR Hand Deliver at MYSC, Central Business District (CBD), behind High Court of Botswana, sixth (6) floor, Records Management Unit.
In addition, applicants are required to submit an electronic summary of their CV. Please e-mail email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org to request for the required CV format.
Closing Date: 24th February 2017. For further information required contact the Human Resources Office on: Phone: 3682600.