ADMINISTRATION OF JUSTICE
REF: 1/6/2 V 20 FEBRUARY 2017
VACANCY CIRCULAR NO 5 OF 2017
VACANCY: DEPUTY MANAGER – FACILITY MANAGEMENT (D1) TENABLE IN THE ADMINISTRATION OF JUSTICE: VACANCY CODE 120100923.1.1
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Botswana citizens for the above post of in the Administration of Justice.
Qualifications: To be considered for appointment in this position,
candidates must have a degree in Estate or Property
Salary Scale: D1 (P274 464 – P303 012) per annum
Leave: 30 working days per annum
Benefits: Optional contributory Medical Aid Scheme (Government
Pays 50% and Employee 50%).
Pension: Contributory Pension Fund (Government pays 15% and
Employee pays 5%).
Experience: A minimum of eight (8) years post qualification experience
KEY COMPETENCY AREAS
• Strategic Skills
• Operational Skills
• Energy and Drive
• Organizational positioning skills
• Personal and interpersonal skills
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To manage the maintenance, usage buildings and all services contracts such as Cleaning, Security, Catering, Gardening e.t.c in the Administration of Justice.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
Facilities Management Planning
• Develops facility management regulations, procedures and requirements.
• Plans and manages the maintenance programme for the Administration of Justice.
• Develops and maintains Assets Register.
• Manages provision of cleaning, security, gardening and catering services.
• Develops and maintains Administration of Justice facilities contracts.
• Assess and oversees safety of the Administration of Justice facilities.
• Supervises maintenance works to ensure they meet regulations and standards.
• Prepares reports on the operational effectiveness of the facilities.
• Provides liaison between internal managers and users, and suppliers to identify and resolve issues as they arise.
• Resolves disputes as they arise and escalating where necessary those that require senior management’s intervention.
Budget preparation and Management
• Prepares budget for the maintenance of facilities.
• Manages the revenue generated through the lease of facilities.
• Identifies and engages viable opportunities to ensure optimal facility usage.
• Initiates and manages Procurement of Administration of Justice facilities.
APPLICATIONS: Applicants should quote the number of this Vacancy Circular, circular number and give the following details:
1. Full name, address, date and place of birth.
2. Brief summary of career with duties (Curriculum Vitae).
3. Certified copies of certificates, Omang and two (2) recent references (less than six months old).
4. In case of serving officers; applicants must state date of first appointment, present post (with salary scale) and date of appointment thereto.
Applications should be addressed to: Registrar and Master of the High Court, Private Bag 00220, Gaborone or Hand Deliver at High Court 1st Floor, Records Office.
IMPORTANT: Applications from serving Public Officers must be routed through Heads of Department and Permanent Secretaries. Applications not so routed will not be considered.
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT: The Human Resources Office @ 3718032, 3718019 or 3718159.
NB: ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE RESPONDED TO:
Closing Date: 10 March 2017