MINISTRY OF HEALTH AND WELLNESS VACANCY CIRCULAR NO. 7 OF 2017
VACANCY: SECRETARY TO MINISTERIAL TENDER COMMITTEE
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the above position in the Ministry of Health, Corporate Services, tenable at Ministry Headquarters.
SALARY: D2 (P238, 668-P263, 508) per annum.
BENEFITS: a) Optional contributory Medical Aid Scheme (Government pays 50%, Employee 50%).
b) Contributory Pension Fund (Government pays 15%, Employee 5%).
LEAVE: 30 working days per annum.
QUALIFICATION: Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration/ Economics/Procurement, Purchasing, Supply and Materials Management
EXPERIENCE: At least ten (10) years’ work experience in related field of which two (2) years should have been served at D3 level in Government or its equivalent in the Parastatal or Private Sector.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB: To provide technical advice to the Ministerial
Tender Committee (MTC) in decision making on submitted tenders in line with the Public Procurement and Asset Disposal Board Act (PPADB) and the Finance and Audit Act.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
1. Plans and manages activities of the Ministerial Tender Committee (MTC).
2. Facilitates decision making by providing advice to the MTC on tender submissions in line with Public Procurement and Asset Disposal Board (PPADB) and the Finance and Audit Acts.
3. Monitors adherence to contractual agreements by Ministry/Department.
4. Recommends amendments or extensions of contracts.
5. Approves tender notices and invitation to tender (ITT) vetting.
6. Monitors market price fluctuations and recommends appropriate measures.
7. Advises Departments in drawing-up specifications of items to enhance the concept of quality assurance through satisfactory service to the customer.
8. Monitors maintenance of tender numbering system for the Ministry.
9. Publishes the Ministerial Tender Committee decisions.
• Functional/Technical Skills
• Communicating Effectively
• Problem Solving
• Command Skills
• Ethics and Values
• Building Effective teams
Quote the number of this Vacancy Circular and provide the following details:
a) Full name, address and place of birth,
b) Brief summary of career duties (Curriculum Vitae),
c) Certified copies of certificates (academic), current references (not more than 6 months) and Identity.
d) In case of Serving Public Officers/Mission Hospitals’ employees.
(i) Date of first appointment,
(ii) Present post and date of appointment thereto.
Applications should be addressed to: –
PERMANENT SECRETARY Hand delivered to:
MINISTRY OF HEALTH OR Ministry of Health Headquarters
P/BAG 0038 Office 8A21
IMPORTANT: All applications from serving Public Officers must be routed through their Heads of Departments and Permanent Secretaries. Applications not so routed will not be considered.
Only short listed candidates would be responded to.
Closing date: 3rd March 2017
For further information contact: Human Resource Management Unit on Tel: 3632732/3632828